Question about rear hatch close and lock button.

deftkillerstu

📛 Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Charlotte, NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition in Heritage Blue
Just got my FE and loving it, but I’m having an issue with the rear hatch close and lock button. If I push the close button, it closes perfectly without issue. If I push the close and lock button, it makes a beep sound and does nothing. Do I have a defective close and lock button or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Are other doors open? Where is the vehicle key? The doors need to be closed and the key on your person.

1720922806947.png

All the other doors are closed and the key is in my pocket. It should sense it just like when I touch my driver’s door handle to lock it.

Reading that manual page, I wonder if the walk away function is accidentally enabled?

Just got my FE and loving it, but I’m having an issue with the rear hatch close and lock button. If I push the close button, it closes perfectly without issue. If I push the close and lock button, it makes a beep sound and does nothing. Do I have a defective close and lock button or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Have you figured anything out with this. I am intermittently experiencing the same issue

I pretty sure It's got to be programed by a dealer or a diagnostic coder. I programmed mine with my Dia computer.

Doors closed......this has been my problem!
Thank you!

I dont think this has to be programmed by the dealer. This button worked for me in the beginning. Then it just all of the sudden did not work anymore. It would beep and do nothing. All the doors were shut.

I fixed it temporarily only via my Carista Evo OBD2 scanner (there was a door error and I cleared it and it worked again). It worked again only for a short stint and now doesnt work like it did. Im about to hook up the scanner again to see if the fault is back.

I dont think this has to be programmed by the dealer. This button worked for me in the beginning. Then it just all of the sudden did not work anymore. It would beep and do nothing. All the doors were shut.

I fixed it temporarily only via my Carista Evo OBD2 scanner (there was a door error and I cleared it and it worked again). It worked again only for a short stint and now doesnt work like it did. Im about to hook up the scanner again to see if the fault is back.
If it just beeps at you......

If the close button works and the close and lock doesn't...... it might be as simple as the fob isn't in range of the antenna.

If the close button doesn't work ...... it may be as simple as recalibrating the sensor, to recalibrate, simply manually push the hatch closed and then open it with the hatch button/fob or dash button.

So coming back to this. I ‘think’ Ive found the cause to intermittent button functionality (the right button that closes AND locks all doors).

So all doors must be closed of course. Key fob also needs to be on your person.

Now, when I stand a couple feet back from the door when its opened and push the right button, it just beeps. BUT, every time I stand literally underneath the door and press the right button, it closes and locks the doors without issue. The sensor is sensitive obviously. Hope this helps.

It has to be programmed by the dealer, just like the memory seating. But if you Google it, you might find an answer. I accidentally programmed mine and it now works but I'm not sure of the sequence I went through. Start by holding down both the lock and unlock buttons on your fob until the car beeps. After that I'm not sure but I know I also held down the lock all button until it beeped.

Why the dealers didn't prep the cars better I don't know.

Back