Purpose of black vinyl mat in cargo area?

Ed1

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 29, 2024
Media
Northeast US
My LC FE was delivered with a rectangular black padded vinyl mat that is as wide as the cargo area and about 2 feet tall. It has loops and clamps that affix to the cargo area walls, creating a loosely boxed-in cargo area when the rear door is open.

Is there a purpose for this item?

It's supposed to protect the bumper while loading. It clips on at the rear and hangs over the bumper. Mine's sitting in the garage in the wrapper still :ROFLMAO:

Yea, it's a bit of a hassle, but it also protects the back of the door when you have a ton of stuff loaded up. I used it for camping and it's nice to have a bit of protection so that stuff does not rub against the door plastic. Also, stuff doesn't fall out as easily when you open the door.

Mine came with what I thought was a roof rack cover. To cover gear on rack up top . I didn’t see. The other day art your speaking of unless I am wrong about what is in long order plastic wrap

Mine came with what I thought was a roof rack cover. To cover gear on rack up top . I didn’t see. The other day art your speaking of unless I am wrong about what is in long order plastic wrap
I am looking at roof racks trying to determine if my Yakima Sky Box 16 will fit on the FE roof rack. I had to purchase after market cross bars for my 2020 4Runner ORP to accommodate the sky box. The cross bars Toyota sells are too close to the roof allowing Sky Box only about 1/4" clearance above the roof. Too close to the roof for me. I like the idea of a load protector that comes with the FE.

Back