Probably a dumb question... do you swap out the spare too?

Interesting thread. I’m going for K03’s soon, have 18’s, no plan on buying five. Rotation is good. Regardless, check the spare’s pressure. Recently had a blowout (Screw) on sidewall on K02’s on my Titan. Pressure in spare was 4 lbs. Shame on me, lucky I have AAA.

The spare also has TPMS, so in theory, you will get a warning if your spare tire's PSI drops below the preset PSI, like your other 4 tires.

No. The spare is basically a doughnut.
Not sure what you mean by doughnut, but my spare, and I was under the impression that all Land Cruiser spares, are the same as the rest of the tires. I plan on doing a five tire rotation. I initially bought four tires and when I’m ready for the rotation, I will buy the fifth.

I just upgraded to KO3's. I haggled the price down about $20 a tire, so ended up doing 5 because it was in my budget. I also like the way it looks (You can see the spare from the rear profile of the vehicle, it also hangs down a bit more because it's wider and a bigger diameter than stock @275/70R18).

IMO it's purely preference.

For some reason— I thought the tire size of the spare matching was significant due to the all time 4x4 (within a 1/8” or 1/4” of wear, etc.).

I’m new to Land Cruisers, so please correct me if I am wrong!

For some reason— I thought the tire size of the spare matching was significant due to the all time 4x4 (within a 1/8” or 1/4” of wear, etc.).

I’m new to Land Cruisers, so please correct me if I am wrong!
That would be true if the center and rear diffs are locked on dry pavement. So don't lock them if you have a different size spare in operation.

Otherwise it's not really any different than going around a corner and the outside tire is traveling further/faster.

I will when I upgrade the tires. I did that when I had my Tacoma.

Back