Power rear lift gate close and lock feature

BrickShitHouse

📛 Founding Member
Sep 5, 2024
Rhode island
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser
A couple times when trying to use the close and lock feature for the power rear lift gate it will just beep on not close. Is there something I am missing that is preventing it from closing?

It works maybe 25% of the time for me. I haven’t figured it out yet. I rarely ever use though - partially because I don’t expect it to work 🤪

Same here on this issue and to me no rhyme or reason. Did it yesterday. Are we still standing underneath the gate and it senses it and does not come down?

Also is anyone like me and wish it would not beep and make all the noise when the gate is lifted or closed? I tried to look into stopping the alarms but couldn't find anything about it. You cannot open my gate discretely. There must be a way.

Same here on this issue and to me no rhyme or reason. Did it yesterday. Are we still standing underneath the gate and it senses it and does not come down?

Also is anyone like me and wish it would not beep and make all the noise when the gate is lifted or closed? I tried to look into stopping the alarms but couldn't find anything about it. You cannot open my gate discretely. There must be a way.
I tried standing under it as a test and when it works it’s more then happy to close and allow me to duck out of the way

I'll have to play around with it and see if this was it, but I kind of think this will resolve for me

You can change the beep volume in three increments, not sure if it will allow you to turn it off. Multimedia display, I think under Vehicle Settings, but could be wrong on that (perhaps Entry/Exit?).

You can change the beep volume in three increments, not sure if it will allow you to turn it off. Multimedia display, I think under Vehicle Settings, but could be wrong on that (perhaps Entry/Exit?).
Thanks for the tip. I have seen beep volume now that you say it...on the dash in front of steering wheel. I will play around tomorrow with it. Thank you.

Back