Possible to test drive and then configure a ‘58?

LC334

📛 Founding Member
May 20, 2024
Portland
Vehicles
LC250
We have a ‘58 on order at a dealer that should be here this month and it’s configured with a roof rack and one or two items. We’re’ interested in getting skid plates added on but first we’d like to actually test drive the thing prior to finalizing paperwork. My understanding from reading on this site is that equipment like skid plates and roof racks are installed at the port and not at the dealer? Can dealers also do these type of installs?

Would like to avoid agreeing to purchase the vehicle but have it have to go back to the port for installing anything extra we want to purchase but that it wasn’t configured with initially.

Curious to know what people’s experiences have been. Thanks!

I can’t say on the LC specifically as I’m not really familiar with what a port option is. But my experience on other cars is bolt on ‘accessories’ like the skid plates & roof racks you mention can definitely be done at the dealer. I’m sure they’ll only be too happy to sell you that stuff & install for you. I’m not sure though whether it’s cheaper as a port option though.

My understanding is this, the car will arrive at the dealer with a final configuration and matching sticker etc. If you want anything different that’s between you and the dealer to work out. I don’t think a car would go back to port for anything, rather the dealer would install whatever options they are capable of ordering, receiving and installing (roof rack, skid plate, etc)

My understanding is this, the car will arrive at the dealer with a final configuration and matching sticker etc. If you want anything different that’s between you and the dealer to work out. I don’t think a car would go back to port for anything, rather the dealer would install whatever options they are capable of ordering, receiving and installing (roof rack, skid plate, etc)
I agree, I think that's how it works.

Back