Member Build

pnwlandcruiser_

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 28, 2024
Portland, OR
Vehicles
'24 LC250 First Edition | '16 Acura MDX | '13 Genuine Buddy 170i
Hi all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thought I'd make a thread detailing the modifications done on our 2024 First Edition. She is in the beautiful Meteor Shower (Brown Sugar Metallic) that we took delivery of in late April. To get more real time updates you can follow my Instagram. Here's what's been done so far:

Modifications:
  • Rhino-Rack Pioneer 6 Platform (installed by Rack Attack Portlandโ€“East)
  • Method Race Wheels MR316 7x8, 17x8, +25mm Offset, 6x5.5, 106.25mm Centerbore, Matte Black (installed at Iron Rigs 4x4)
  • 285/70/R17 Falken Wildpeak A/TW4 (installed at Iron Rigs 4x4)
  • 3M 2080 Gloss Black Roof wrap + upper pillars (installed at TCT Wraps)
  • XPEL Full front-end PPF (installed at TCT Wraps)
  • Maxtrax MKII Desert Tan

Stock: April 2024
IMG_3650.JPG

How she sits now: June 2024
IMG_3856.JPG

Looks fantastic I take it as people are changing the OE roof racks they are not so good ?? the Rhino rack looks great

Looks fantastic I take it as people are changing the OE roof racks they are not so good ?? the Rhino rack looks great
My impression is that the aftermarket racks are rated for more weight and also extend forward over the sunroof, so they are substantially larger.

Hi all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thought I'd make a thread detailing the modifications done on our 2024 First Edition. She is in the beautiful Meteor Shower (Brown Sugar Metallic) that we took delivery of in late April. To get more real time updates you can follow my Instagram. Here's what's been done so far:

Modifications:
  • Rhino-Rack Pioneer 6 Platform (installed by Rack Attack Portlandโ€“East)
  • Method Race Wheels MR316 7x8, 17x8, +25mm Offset, 6x5.5, 106.25mm Centerbore, Matte Black (installed at Iron Rigs 4x4)
  • 285/70/R17 Falken Wildpeak A/TW4 (installed at Iron Rigs 4x4)
  • 3M 2080 Gloss Black Roof wrap + upper pillars (installed at TCT Wraps)
  • XPEL Full front-end PPF (installed at TCT Wraps)
  • Maxtrax MKII Desert Tan

Stock: April 2024
View attachment 3508

How she sits now: June 2024
View attachment 3509
Awesome rig! I shot you a follow. Would love to know how the spare 33" fits underneath the vehicle.

Curious on this as well. And if it increases height. Stock is pushing the limit of my garage height
33's are rumored to fit with no additional modification. 35's (no lift) have shown to rub at full turn even with removing adjacent plastic bits.

Excellent video of TRD Jon fitting 35's on his FE.

Learned yesterday not even a stock rig w/ roof rails will not fit in my garage so RIP to my hopes of working on it inside.

33's are rumored to fit with no additional modification. 35's (no lift) have shown to rub at full turn even with removing adjacent plastic bits.

Excellent video of TRD Jon fitting 35's on his FE.

Learned yesterday not even a stock rig w/ roof rails will not fit in my garage so RIP to my hopes of working on it inside.
33s fit stock just fine. I have 33 inch falkens on mine. The wheel wells are huge and it makes 33s look small.

Thanks for the love everyone, it's been fun chatting with folks at Expo about the progression thus far.

@Dave I swapped the rack to gain additional space for down the road. While we aren't running a tent now (just have one mounted for display at expo) we plan to go that route again. I didn't have any issue with the stock roof rack but this one was more our speed.

@mkg side shots can be seen here.

@coryten thanks for the follow! I did not modify the stock suspension, have had zero issues with stock setup but regardless I will most likely swap or add a lift down the road.

@hypnotic these tires are .1" taller than stock, so you gain a slight height increase.

Thanks for the love everyone, it's been fun chatting with folks at Expo about the progression thus far.

@Dave I swapped the rack to gain additional space for down the road. While we aren't running a tent now (just have one mounted for display at expo) we plan to go that route again. I didn't have any issue with the stock roof rack but this one was more our speed.

@mkg side shots can be seen here.

@coryten thanks for the follow! I did not modify the stock suspension, have had zero issues with stock setup but regardless I will most likely swap or add a lift down the road.

@hypnotic these tires are .1" taller than stock, so you gain a slight height increase.
I realize now I saw your rig parked at the Rhino Rack booth today. It looked really good!

Back