PlastiDip or Remove iForceMax branding?

Removing is an option or you can buy a decal off ebay to cover it. I hate the chrome emblem.
iForceMAX Emblem (10).jpg

First thing I did when I got home was break out the heat gun and peel that sucker off

The dealership license plate holder and sticker were taken off before I even left the lot

I don't understand why they made iForceMax chrome when the Land Cruiser branding is black. I think I'm going to first PlastiDip iForceMax to see how I like it and if I still don't like it, I'll remove it. Curious what others are doing?
I removed it day one. It came right off with no heat gun or dental floss. I used a little goo gone and a microfibre cloth to remove any residue from the adhesive.
The J250 in North America only comes with one engine option so I didn't see the need to differentiate. Plus it just looked silly to me. I'm not a badge fan and usually debadge all my vehicles. The Land Cruiser badge is black so I left it but I'm even thinking of removing that and just having a clean tailgate with just TOYOTA on the back.

Mine peeled off easily with my fingernail to grab the badge edge. I just left the badge in the sun for 15 minutes and off it came. No residue at all.

He uses the "Rain X" brand from Advance Auto. I use the automatic car wash ......LOL. When I was younger, I washed/waxed all my vehicles once or twice a month. The interval kept getting longer, till maybe once a year. Bought a subscription to the "Tidal Wave" car wash, now the interval is "every time I leave the driveway"..... It's only 1/2 mile from my house.
That car wash subscription is gold, especially in winter around here when it’s hard to keep cars clean. Mine is at the head of our ‘hood, I hit it half the time on my way in. If I don’t have time to vacuum I can be in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Deleted the very first day. Came off so easily. Didn't even need goo off.

Attachments

• 20240901_071616.jpg
    20240901_071616.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 53
I don't see anyone else talking about this but maybe I'm bad at searching. I would advise against removing the 'Land Cruiser' badging. I have debadged all my Toyotas. On the Land Cruiser I started with the iForce badge. No problem. Then I started the 'Land Cruiser' one. It has pins that go into the body panel.

You will probably want to fill those holes or... put the badge back on somehow. Or just leave it to begin with. Hope this helps save someone else a headache. No other Toyota I've debadged had pins like this.

I preserved most of the adhesive except the last 'R', which is really unfortunate because I think I want to put it back on instead of finding a way to fill the holes. Any ideas or advice from y'all?

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I don't see anyone else talking about this but maybe I'm bad at searching. I would advise against removing the 'Land Cruiser' badging. I have debadged all my Toyotas. On the Land Cruiser I started with the iForce badge. No problem. Then I started the 'Land Cruiser' one. It has pins that go into the body panel.

You will probably want to fill those holes or... put the badge back on somehow. Or just leave it to begin with. Hope this helps save someone else a headache. No other Toyota I've debadged had pins like this.

I preserved most of the adhesive except the last 'R', which is really unfortunate because I think I want to put it back on instead of finding a way to fill the holes. Any ideas or advice from y'all?
Sorry to say, but that totally sucks

I preserved most of the adhesive except the last 'R', which is really unfortunate because I think I want to put it back on instead of finding a way to fill the holes. Any ideas or advice from

Maybe try '3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive' or the 3M moulding tape?
At least with the pins/holes you can put it back on straight

Maybe try '3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive' or the 3M moulding tape?
At least with the pins/holes you can put it back on straight
I might try that. I did find the part numbers and tried to order them. I was told there are none in the US and ordering could take an unknown amount of time for fulfillment.

Part numbers:
  1. 'LAND' - 75441-60800
  2. 'CRUISER' - 75441-60830

I might try that. I did find the part numbers and tried to order them. I was told there are none in the US and ordering could take an unknown amount of time for fulfillment.

Part numbers:
  1. 'LAND' - 75441-60800
  2. 'CRUISER' - 75441-60830
Yes, since the car just came out it may take awhile. I'm still waiting for an all weather cargo mat.

For the curious, here are some photos of the holes with the adhesive removed and the panel cleaned.

I ordered the part and if it doesn't come in a month or so I'll likely create my own stencil and cut out some new 3M double sided foam adhesive and put it on that way.

If I was a body shop tech I might remove this panel, fill the holes, and respray the panel black. Alternatively, you might be able to use ppf or vinyl wrap or something on that trim piece. Not too many great options for the truck looking better with this badge removed. Those with OCD and wanting symmetry might just have to deal with it lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 24

I did the same thing. I took off the CRUISER badge and saw the pin holes. DOH! Now I have a $32.00 new badge on order to replace it. If I recall the 4Runner rear badge was the same. It had pin holes as well. I guess that's Toyota's way of keeping their branding visible. I was able to stick it back on until the new one arrives.

I did the same thing. I took off the CRUISER badge and saw the pin holes. DOH! Now I have a $32.00 new badge on order to replace it. If I recall the 4Runner rear badge was the same. It had pin holes as well. I guess that's Toyota's way of keeping their branding visible. I was able to stick it back on until the new one arrives.
I'm sorry that you hit this snag too but... am slightly consoled that we are in it together haha.

I had my LC FE fully wrapped and told the installer to make it disappear. The rear end looks so much cleaner without it.

Back