PlastiDip or Remove iForceMax branding?

I Plasti Dipped mine. I planned on removing it, but since I had a can I thought I would see how it looked. I also used glossifier on it so it would match the Land Crusier emblem.

unnamed.jpg

PSA: TVD Vinyl will be releasing blackout lettering for the front of our grilles in the next week or so.

I removed the badge and it looks clean but at certain angles you can still lightly see the outline of the letters. Not sure if it’s because I had the car for a month before I removed and the paint is slightly less faded there (unlikely) or if I need to apply anything else to remove all semblance. I removed it by using a hair dryer and combination of goo gone & nail polish remover. Any tips would be much appreciated!

I removed the badge and it looks clean but at certain angles you can still lightly see the outline of the letters. Not sure if it’s because I had the car for a month before I removed and the paint is slightly less faded there (unlikely) or if I need to apply anything else to remove all semblance. I removed it by using a hair dryer and combination of goo gone & nail polish remover. Any tips would be much appreciated!
That would bother me nonstop. Interested if anyone is aware of a remedy for this as well.

Depending if the paint was treated with some sort of Ceramic coating.

If it hasn't been treated, Fiberglass glazing compound is the finest grit polishing compound I know of. That's what I will be using when I get around to that project.

Depending if the paint was treated with some sort of Ceramic coating.

If it hasn't been treated, Fiberglass glazing compound is the finest grit polishing compound I know of. That's what I will be using when I get around to that project.
One of the dealer added ‘markups’ on ‘Miss Daisy’ was some fancy smancy ceramic coating. I have no idea how to properly wash her now.

Recommended by hand with mild soap, whatever that means. My buddy swears by the stuff. Mine has paint treatment as well but I have no plans to use anything other than the car wash...... it is what it is..........

How did y’all remove the badging? Heat gun to pull off and then goo-gone for the adhesive residue?

Never done that before.
I live in Arizona. I pulled it off with my fingers and 90% of the adhesive came with it. A soft cloth with hot water and the rest came of in about 30 seconds

Mine came off with ease with just a hair dryer. Once the letter X became loose, I was able to pull it off clean like a bandaid. I simply used some olive oil to remove any sticky residue and then waxed the area. Can’t tell it was ever there.

Recommended by hand with mild soap, whatever that means. My buddy swears by the stuff. Mine has paint treatment as well but I have no plans to use anything other than the car wash...... it is what it is..........
Brand or type of soap that you use?…

He uses the "Rain X" brand from Advance Auto. I use the automatic car wash ......LOL. When I was younger, I washed/waxed all my vehicles once or twice a month. The interval kept getting longer, till maybe once a year. Bought a subscription to the "Tidal Wave" car wash, now the interval is "every time I leave the driveway"..... It's only 1/2 mile from my house.

Mine came off with zero effort.
Same here. Was ready with fishing line and a hair dryer. In 80 degree weather it peeled right off. Adhesive and everything. Maybe they knew people would want to remove it.

You can use any good quality car wash product. I really like Aenso products. I’ve had ceramic coating on several vehicles, and I just got it on my LC.

The coatings come in a range of qualities. The application is as important as the product. Good product, proper detail shop, you can take it through a touchless car wash, no problem.

I don't understand why they made iForceMax chrome when the Land Cruiser branding is black. I think I'm going to first PlastiDip iForceMax to see how I like it and if I still don't like it, I'll remove it. Curious what others are doing?
1000014689.jpg

Reactions: MJE
The Land Cruiser badge should not be black unless you want a “black package.”
It looks like hell in black on a black truck. It needs to be changed to match the front Toyota logo.

One more vote for super easy removal. A little heat, plastic scrapper to pry and it can off. Used by thumb to remove 90% of the adhesive and then a little ask naturL adhesive removal. Def nothing to be afraid about

It's probably been already said but I don't get the point of advertising the engine with a badge when it's the only engine available for the vehicle

So IMO it seemed out of place and I removed it - now I have a hybrid tool cabinet :)

Key to removing as others have said: do it right away when new, let it sit in the sun first, carefully work some fishing line behind, ball up the remaining adhesive with finger and use it to remove the rest, then clean up with a little car wax. No chance to scratch, fade or remove clear...

Attachments

• 20240831_094746.jpg
    20240831_094746.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 18
If you guys stress this much over a car emblem, I’d hate to hear your discussions about shoe colors

Back