Phone Mount

IMG_0315.jpeg

So I’ve had to e idea of 3D printing a mount base that would slot into the grill in the bottom left of this photo and be held by friction. No adhesive, no drilling, no fuss. Anyone have the means and motivation to try this?

Bomb proof I think. Location shouldn’t (?) be a problem with the airbags

View attachment 13179
How did you mount? Looks like you screwed into side. I see the ram mount… are the other parts RAM? Linenans post above didn't work for me. I mounted with self adhesive mount and it pulled away after two separate tries (replacement mounts). I love RAM but dont want to screw into dash. Still looking for an alternative.

I used a Ram Mount ball mount system. I purchased the 1” ball mount with adhesive and placed it on the flat side behind the media screen. There are flat areas there that seemed to work well . I then used some of the mounts to bring my Garmin nav to the right side of the screen.
Picture of the Garmin mounted? Please?

How did you mount? Looks like you screwed into side. I see the ram mount… are the other parts RAM? Linenans post above didn't work for me. I mounted with self adhesive mount and it pulled away after two separate tries (replacement mounts). I love RAM but dont want to screw into dash. Still looking for an alternative.
It’s screwed into the top hole of the handlebar. Super solid and not going anywhere. If I had better tools I could get a sharper bend angle and have less encroachment on my field of view

The “arm” part is this

Not a cell phone mount but would work as one..........
My Radar Detector mount used the adhesive disk, which lasted a very short while after the sun stated shinning.

I removed the speaker grill (pulls straight up), used a grinder to grind down the ribs and epoxied a metal plate (outlined in yellow) to the underside. I mounted a rubber coated magnetic base (fabricated pedestal) to the cell phone mount. The cell phone mount was called a "goose neck" flexible mount (which I removed). It has approx 5lbs of holding power, which is plenty for my needs. A stronger magnet would increase the holding power.

Attachments

• Radar Mount 5.JPG
    Radar Mount 5.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Radar Mag Mount.jpg
    Radar Mag Mount.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Radar 2.JPG
    Radar 2.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 5
Back