Phone Mount

I used a Ram Mount ball mount system. I purchased the 1” ball mount with adhesive and placed it on the flat side behind the media screen. There are flat areas there that seemed to work well . I then used some of the mounts to bring my Garmin nav to the right side of the screen.

I thought I had a mount delivered today that would fit over the infotainment system. Our LC non-premium has a trim panel with a hump behind it. Tried to remove it and there is no way it would slip over it.

Can anyone with a 1958 and LC w/ Premium or FE take a photo of what is behind the screen?

1722900014109.png

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of the CarPlay. But I still like my Garmin. I can plan my routes on Basecamp- upload to Garmin and navigate the route I plan.
Roger. 👍🏼. Makes sense. I’m using OnX for the same, but I’m a Garmin dude when I’m on foot.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of the CarPlay. But I still like my Garmin. I can plan my routes on Basecamp- upload to Garmin and navigate the route I plan.
Once you subscribe to "On X offroad" app you'll never go back........... My Garmin has been gathering dust for a year now. There is a fee but that fee gets you a pretty decent discount with many off road venders.

I might use a mount also. Yesterday with my phone using wireless apple carplay I didn’t get any text notifications through the Toyota screen. Anyone know why?

I do run with a Redline 360C and I'm hoping the speaker grill/trim is easily removed. I am thinking 3 very small "T" bolts, bolted to a thin aluminum strip (tucked up close to the rear of the screen trim) and putting a very small double ball mount for horizontally mounted cell phone mount that the 360C will get secured it. I want it as low profile as possible so the coppers won't notice it as much and is easily removed if I see bubble gums.

Yep- I think it is 3M VHB. It seems to adhere very good. I used that area because the other parts of the dash are a soft material. Also Ram Mounts has lifetime warranty, even if the adhesive comes loose.

Just curious, with Apple/Android car play and cordless charger, why would you need a mount? I have used mounts forever but mainly due to cords, with the above, cords aren't really needed.
My mom likes to have it up where she can see it and easily locate it. Its a safety thing for her. Me, I use off-roading maps that will not display on the screen.

I bought the Baesus C02 Pro MagSafe mount.

Imagine a slap bracelet turned into a mount.

Sticks very very well and holds the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 144
Offroam's got a pair of solutions:

I have their stuff in my 2000 Tacoma. It's been awesome - I just can't bring myself to drill or apply sticky tape that melts away in the sun with all the residue behind.

For my radar mount, I ended going with a piece of steel epoxied to the under side of the center speaker grill and a rubber coated magnet base. (search for "EOD Guy's Ride" for how I did it) The best part is, 2 seconds to remove the mount and no visible evidence, other than the power cable.

Back