Oops…bruised the headliner…can it be fixed?

McCloud_Rainbow

📛 Founding Member
Jul 2, 2024
Media
NorCal
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
I was transporting an exercise bike when it tipped over and the base punched the headliner (see photos). Looks like the headliner is one large piece, so not going to replace it just for this. Any ideas on repair for this or do I just live with it as my LC’s first battle scar?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2521.jpeg

You might be able to make it look better, but it'll never go away.

If it were me, I'd try a little steam from a steamer or steam iron and a sewing needle to try and coax out the deepest part. Easy on the steam as it's just foam and glue holding the fabric to the backer. If you have skills and remove the entire headliner, you might be able to flatten it more from the back side. IDK how thick/strong the backer is on these. If they are thick/strong removing the headliner to work on it would be pointless as there is nothing to push out etc.......

I was transporting an exercise bike when it tipped over and the base punched the headliner (see photos). Looks like the headliner is one large piece, so not going to replace it just for this. Any ideas on repair for this or do I just live with it as my LC’s first battle scar?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 6061

View attachment 6062
Dang.. that hurts!!!

You might be able to make it look better, but it'll never go away.

If it were me, I'd try a little steam from a steamer or steam iron and a sewing needle to try and coax out the deepest part. Easy on the steam as it's just foam and glue holding the fabric to the backer. If you have skills and remove the entire headliner, you might be able to flatten it more from the back side. IDK how thick/strong the backer is on these. If they are thick/strong removing the headliner to work on it would be pointless as there is nothing to push out etc.......
Great idea. Thanks for the tip! I ordered a set of small gauge curved suture needles to see if I can use those to slowly work the foam backer into proper alignment again. Won’t be perfect, but better than the current divot!

Great idea. Thanks for the tip! I ordered a set of small gauge curved suture needles to see if I can use those to slowly work the foam backer into proper alignment again. Won’t be perfect, but better than the current divot!
Take a sewing needle, heat it with a propane torch and put a small bend in it.

Back