Only getting 17mpg

Towed a full 5x8 U-Haul trailer from AL to NC. Averaged over 19mpg at 70mph in tow/haul mode. I was pleased.

Granted, it wasn’t an overly heavy load (maybe 2000lbs) and there was no significant elevation change, but the LC pulled it effortlessly and I probably could have operated in normal or eco modes in order to drop the revs a bit.

I’m 17-18 fair amount city drive , stock 20 inch and 100 degree plus outside of Sacramento CA, I don’t think the AC has been off since I got the car , now at 1000 miles .
I’m Sac area. We’ve had ours since mid September and I’ve yet to see a single LC. I just did a search on the forum just to see if Sac gets any mentions. I think you and one other person.

Hopefully your mpg is ticking up by now.

I had the dealer put on BFG KO2's before I picked up my Land Cruiser FE. They are the same size as the stock (265 70 R18) but I am only getting 17mpg. I have around 2500 miles now and it has not changed. Any one else having the same issue?
Same tires, same mpg for me. 20 only on highway at 60.

I’m Sac area. We’ve had ours since mid September and I’ve yet to see a single LC. I just did a search on the forum just to see if Sac gets any mentions. I think you and one other person.

Hopefully your mpg is ticking up by now.
I now have 7840 kms on my stock 1958 - my gas consumption steadily improved until about 4000kms & I now manage in eco mode with 91 octane & a mix of city / country/ highway to get an average 9.2L / 100km (25.57 miles per US gallon) Just did a trip today of 340km each way on rural highway trying to hold an average speed of 94km or 58.04 MPH (speed limit 80). on the way there I got 9.2L / 100km amd on the return 8.0L/100km (29.4 miles per gallon). The difference for the return trip was I filled with a different brand of gas than I normally use & the air temperature was slightly cooler @ 17C on the return vs 19C on the way there - speed was about the same

Last edited:
I had the dealer put on BFG KO2's before I picked up my Land Cruiser FE. They are the same size as the stock (265 70 R18) but I am only getting 17mpg. I have around 2500 miles now and it has not changed. Any one else having the same issue?
Note to self. No KO2’s for Miss Daisy.. currently getting 24+ mpg, mixed city and two lane highway driving, eco mode. (ethanol free 93 octane) with stock Michelins (33 psi) still on her. That will drop ~2-2.5 mpg when I start using E10 fuel, once I am totally moved out of Florida and up in NC, where I belong.

Just double checked my trip computer reported mileage on my last 31 mile trip with my BFG KO3s (265/70R18 124S) and averaged exactly 20mpg. The route was a combination of city streets (35mph), state highways (55mph & 65mph), county roads (45mph), and rural paved roads (25mph). My highway and county road speeds probably averaged 5mph higher than the posted limits. The roads/terrain on this trip were very curvy and undulating. I was in NORMAL driving mode for the entire trip.

Well I'm only getting 14.3 at 88 mph.
The whole problem seems to be an an improperly installed flux capacitor.
I was promised 200 mph per gallon with the flux capacitor. I paid 80 K for the flux capacitor. The rest of the vehicle was on the house.
FYI. Top end speed is 108, so I heard. 👀

Attachments

• No Flux Capacitor.jpg
    No Flux Capacitor.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 0
Back