OEM Roof Rack .. Max Weight 165lbs?

blotto888

📛 Founding Member
May 28, 2024
Media
CA
Vehicles
2024 LC
Climbed up to take a look at the rack. Found this sticker... Seriously 165lbs? Prinsu Pro spec is 700lbs dynamic and 1200lbs static. If this is a Prinsu OEM rack, I'm really hoping the sticker is for each cross bar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 6.41.18 AM.png

Climbed up to take a look at the rack. Found this sticker... Seriously 165lbs? Prinsu Pro spec is 700lbs dynamic and 1200lbs static. If this is a Prinsu OEM rack, I'm really hoping the sticker is for each cross bar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 3277
It’s 165lb dynamic 600lb static
I think you’re good, I’ve got a rooftop tent waiting to go on top when the truck shows up 👍🏼

Ah thank Teebo, that makes a lot more sense. I could not find the specs on the load for this rack other than this sticker.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's one less cargo rail on the roof rack than there should be? The rack comes with 4 cross members but obvious space enough for 5 and a fifth set of holes to mount one more cross bar. I wonder if another could be purchased? Someone said Prinsu might be the company making these for Toyota.
Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 3.25.57 PM.png

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's one less cargo rail on the roof rack than there should be? The rack comes with 4 cross members but obvious space enough for 5 and a fifth set of holes to mount one more cross bar. I wonder if another could be purchased? Someone said Prinsu might be the company making these for Toyota.View attachment 3707
I agree with you it needs one more.

I think the dynamic is only 165lbs. vs the Prinsu nearly 4x. I was asking on the Rhino rack announcement thread as they also had a lower weight rating (not a full rack either). Anyway, I have a Prinsu Pro for my landcruiser FE ready to install when the car arrives. The extra weight rating may be due to it being a full rack as well.

I’m no expert, but I’ve seen that the roof load rating is not just about how strong the roof rack is but also things like how much weight is safe to carry up high in relation to the vehicle’s center of gravity. Based on this video, I think there should be a maximum roof rating for the FE, regardless of what the rack claims to be rated for.

I think the dynamic is only 165lbs. vs the Prinsu nearly 4x. I was asking on the Rhino rack announcement thread as they also had a lower weight rating (not a full rack either). Anyway, I have a Prinsu Pro for my landcruiser FE ready to install when the car arrives. The extra weight rating may be due to it being a full rack as well.
Here is my LC250 with the Prinsu Pro

Attachments

• LC250-50.jpg
    LC250-50.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 109
Here is my LC250 with the Prinsu Pro
Do you happen to have any other shots from different angles? I'm trying to decide between the Prinsu and the Front Runner.

Also, how difficult was the install?

Do you happen to have any other shots from different angles? I'm trying to decide between the Prinsu and the Front Runner.

Also, how difficult was the install?
Yes, more photos available. I'll post soon. It was not hard to install by myself just tedious. Plan for the day haha. Quicker if you have help.
If you have IG: @familycruiser250

Back