💵 For Sale OEM rock rail swap for illuminated running boards

sebc77

📛 Founding Member
Sep 26, 2024
Vehicles
24’ LC FE Meteor shower
Hi folks,
Just got my LC FE in Meteor shower a couple of weeks ago.
I am loving it, except the rock rails which is not a fit for me and the kids hoping on and off.
Looking for a swap with OEM illuminated running boards.
Located in 10940 (NY) / 10963 for pickup swap.
Please respond here or DM if anyone is interested.
I put about 600 miles, mostly paved road so they should be as new.

Hi folks,
Just got my LC FE in Meteor shower a couple of weeks ago.
I am loving it, except the rock rails which is not a fit for me and the kids hoping on and off.
Looking for a swap with OEM illuminated running boards.
Located in 10940 (NY) / 10963 for pickup swap.
Please respond here or DM if anyone is interested.
I put about 600 miles, mostly paved road so they should be as new.
Illuminated? I must have the crappy unlit running boards.

Hi! Would you consider a shipping swap? I have the running boards (LC LC Premium Trim). I'm in Colorado and won't be on the east coast till next summer.

- Charles

Illuminated? I must have the crappy unlit running boards.
I am actually a little confused.
I started reading in some posts and window stickers the term “illuminated running boards”. Is there actually a difference and two different types of running boards, e.g. standard non illuminated, and premium illuminated ones?

Hi! Would you consider a shipping swap? I have the running boards (LC LC Premium Trim). I'm in Colorado and won't be on the east coast till next summer.

- Charles
Hi Charles, sorry not at the moment. I will try to wait for a local swap.
But just wondering, how much do you estimate the shipping to be?

I am actually a little confused.
I started reading in some posts and window stickers the term “illuminated running boards”. Is there actually a difference and two different types of running boards, e.g. standard non illuminated, and premium illuminated ones?
Hi!

I believe that the "illuminated" aspect of that is actually something built into the truck (not the running boards). On my FC FC Premium there are little lights that shine on the running boards from above when the truck is in entry/exit mode (I think there's a feature called "safe exit assist" that activates the lights, though I'm not sure exactly what is included there).

I'll grab some photos tonight once it is dark enough to see the lights.

C

Hi Charles, sorry not at the moment. I will try to wait for a local swap.
But just wondering, how much do you estimate the shipping to be?
I don't know what shipping would be, but I could go check if you think it could work for you.

Hi!

I believe that the "illuminated" aspect of that is actually something built into the truck (not the running boards). On my FC FC Premium there are little lights that shine on the running boards from above when the truck is in entry/exit mode (I think there's a feature called "safe exit assist" that activates the lights, though I'm not sure exactly what is included there).

C
Page 485 of the owners manual refers to:
  • Running board lights (if equipped)
I don't know if that is part of the running board package, or if every LC LC gets them... I'll see if I can puzzle out where exactly they are and whether they're mounted to the truck or the running board and report back.

C

Page 485 of the owners manual refers to:
  • Running board lights (if equipped)
I don't know if that is part of the running board package, or if every LC LC gets them... I'll see if I can puzzle out where exactly they are and whether they're mounted to the truck or the running board and report back.

C
I did a little looking and there is one LED on each running board, close to the rear wheel. I've attached a PDF with the relevant pages from the manual. Item K is the part and it looks like it would go with the boards if they are removed. The front part of the running board is lit from beneath the mirrors (Item J). I would say the actual running board LED is not a big benefit (or loss if you don't have it), but maybe someone who doesn't see well getting using the rear door at night would get some benefit.

Attachments

• Illuminated Entry.pdf
    581.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi!

C
Reading a little further indicates that the "Safe Exit Assist" uses the various sensors to warn of bicycles and such that could crash into opening doors.

Back