Best 2 bike rack with a receiver pin that works?

l00semarble

📛 Founding Member
Sep 12, 2024
Media
Annapolis and Costa Rica
Vehicles
80 diesel, 150 diesel, 250 US spec, Tundra, etc
I've been reading all this crazy stuff about the hitch pin and needs to be long or etc.

I have not shopped hitch racks for......forever. I'm not familar with brands etc.

I am overwhelmed with taking a look at options. Any recommendations for best 2-bike rack that is just plug and play? I'm not price senstiive for quality.

I have the 1up "equip'd" and absolutely love it. Can expand it to 4 bikes when I want. Its a very solid build - made in Wisconsin- and the receiver tightening feature makes it very secure (read, minimal/no wobble). Their hitch pens are the exact same design as their wheel locks, but the wheel lock is a half inch or longer (or more if you get the xl one) so I have been using that with zero issues.

Reactions: LC3
Planning on getting a 1up the other option I'd suggest would be Kuat. I currently have a Hollywood but it's bulky and puts pressure on my bike frame vs the other 2 that put all the pressure on tires and wheels. Plus they include a long hitch pin with your vehicle, either in the glove box or the storage in back. I purchased a locking one years ago that is long enough.

I have a 1up sperduty and I like it. Tell them you have a 2024 toyota and they will send a different locking pin.

The 1up system doesn't use the same style pin you might be used to

I've had a Kuat for more than 10 years - easily the best made bike rack on the market today. I have the original NV. The bikes go on and off the rack in seconds, they are held rock solid, and the rack is built better than the copycat racks now made by Thule and Yakima.

1up heavy duty here, it's great. I upgraded from the Thule T2 Pro XTR when i needed to go beyond 2 bikes (kids). The Thule was fantastic as well, but I never did put it on the Cruiser before selling it.

For the hitch pin, you need to order one extra wheel lock, that will function as the hitch pin. Because of the anti-wobble on these racks, the hitch pins are really just for security, they are not under any normal load.

IMG_9687.jpeg

Planning on getting a 1up the other option I'd suggest would be Kuat. I currently have a Hollywood but it's bulky and puts pressure on my bike frame vs the other 2 that put all the pressure on tires and wheels. Plus they include a long hitch pin with your vehicle, either in the glove box or the storage in back. I purchased a locking one years ago that is long enough.
Kuat racks are great.

Back