Nitto Terra Grappler G3

The new G3 seems to be 5 pds lighter than the Toyo AT3 in the 275 size. Has anyone run the G3 with the knobby side rather than lighting bolt sidewall pattern out and have a picture with stock wheels? Thanks!
I called around town last week and nobody had them in SL nor access to them. Only 10 ply. I plan to do the “mountain” wide and not the bolts as well. Would love to see a pic.

I called around town last week and nobody had them in SL nor access to them. Only 10 ply. I plan to do the “mountain” wide and not the bolts as well. Would love to see a pic.
it looks like discount tire has them still available=- if there's one in your area...

Attachments

• IMG_6499.jpeg
    IMG_6499.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 25
Those look fantastic! Seriously considering the same for mine. Looking forward to hearing how you like the ride/noise/MPGs.
Ok, 6 days and 100 miles in on SL G3’s in 275/70/18. Good ride, not too firm on city and highway roads. No material noise increase vs. stock Michelins. Mileage seems to have hardly dropped; dash computer shows down from 21.5 that I was running consistently to say 21.3, but I’ve not cycled through a tank yet so may need more mileage run. No dirt road+ experience to share but will be fine I’m sure, just not at the E-level where heavier/stronger tires would most beneficial.

Ok, 6 days and 100 miles in on SL G3’s in 275/70/18. Good ride, not too firm on city and highway roads. No material noise increase vs. stock Michelins. Mileage seems to have hardly dropped; dash computer shows down from 21.5 that I was running consistently to say 21.3, but I’ve not cycled through a tank yet so may need more mileage run. No dirt road+ experience to share but will be fine I’m sure, just not at the E-level where heavier/stronger tires would most beneficial.
Thanks for the update and glad to hear you're liking them! Any feel for how they do in the rain? I'm in the PNW, so am looking for something that performs well when it's wet...so like 9 months of the year! 😆

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you're liking them! Any feel for how they do in the rain? I'm in the PNW, so am looking for something that performs well when it's wet...so like 9 months of the year! 😆
I’ll take some of that rain. Hasn’t rained in Houston for over a month, so no experience yet. Ratings, although minimal out there, seem to suggest that wet traction should be good though, more so than this tire’s predecessor G2’s. Curious to learn as well as we do get our rain here, just not since the last hurricane!

Back