New potential in-dash storage??

MovingUptoLC

📛 Founding Member
Jul 16, 2024
Media
New England
Vehicles
4Runner
A couple different posts got me wondering something - could we get a little nook storage spot built in next to the camera button and above the USB outlets.

@EOD Guy posted a picture of his panel mod and mentioned there is a fair amount of open space behind the panel. (Can't tell how fixed those wires and tab are?)

Ctr Trim Panel.JPG

@bgeorger has 3D printed many of us a great coolbox insert. (Is that way too complex??)

What's the potential to marry these two, and 3D print an insert that makes use of this empty in dash space- if nothing else, a place to put your key fob or a tin of Altoids....

Might work to create a wireless phone charger 'slot' in that space and thus free up the current phone charger area for a more sizable collector of dust and sticky goo... oh, I mean a more sizable storage area. But.... seems more work than it's worth.

A couple different posts got me wondering something - could we get a little nook storage spot built in next to the camera button and above the USB outlets.

@EOD Guy posted a picture of his panel mod and mentioned there is a fair amount of open space behind the panel. (Can't tell how fixed those wires and tab are?)

View attachment 13511

@bgeorger has 3D printed many of us a great coolbox insert. (Is that way too complex??)

What's the potential to marry these two, and 3D print an insert that makes use of this empty in dash space- if nothing else, a place to put your key fob or a tin of Altoids....
I like where your head is at! I just met a guy that manufactures some car dashboards, maybe I should get him involved so it looks OEM. Thoughts?

a little cubby there would be great. been really annoying having to throw my sunglasses in the glovebox every time. Also having a place to put my neighborhoods gate fob would be nice as well. i currently leave it in the driver door upper pocket. not the best place.

I like where your head is at! I just met a guy that manufactures some car dashboards, maybe I should get him involved so it looks OEM. Thoughts?
This one doesn't look nice nor does it look like it would fit, but maybe something like this could be developed for that tiny vacant location.

Last edited:
Back