New Owner with some questions

lcman

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Sep 22, 2024
USA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC
Hi,
I have a Trail Dust LC with Premium and 20" Wheels. I like the car but have a few questions.
1. I have a Ctek batter charger that I use by raising the hood and using the alligator clip on the red terminal in the fuse panel in the engine compartment pass. side. I don't really want to do it this way as there should be an easier way. I looked at the battery location in the left rear of the car but it seems very tight to get in there. Any suggestions?
2. If you plug in a USB stick with music on it in the left side USBC receptacle on the console will the music start to play or do you have to select it on the main screen?
3. I notice some countries have the amber turn signals on the rear lights. Can you swap a European Taillight Assembly? Is it plug and play?
4. Seems that the heads up display is not crisp. Is the consensus that that's the way it is?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Welcome to thew forum lcman! Question, why the reason for a battery charger? Do you anticipate long periods of no use? However, this said, with the use of a maintainer/pulse battery charger the battery on our 2005 4Runner was still going strong after 15 years when we sold it (a mistake!)

I don't use the LC often and by using the Ctek on my Mercedes the battery is still going strong for 12 years. They do work!
This may be our situation also. I am a bit leery regarding using a pulse/maintainer/desulphator charger with all the electronics, but probably without cause.

For #3, I would love a part number for those amber tails. I'd swap to those in a heartbeat.

Welcome to the Jungle!

I added a battery tender pigtail to the underhood jump point and a 2nd one at the actual 12v battery, both used successfully to charge the battery.

I don't use the LC often and by using the Ctek on my Mercedes the battery is still going strong for 12 years. They do work!
Agree 100%. I have used Porsche tenders for 20 years and have replaced only one battery in this time period. CTEK makes Porsche tenders and 99% of all tenders. Good product.

Could you take a picture of both those pigtails for the front and rear charge points?

Back