New Member in Colorado!

dcr2024

📛 Founding Member
Oct 17, 2024
Media
Colorado
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 2024
Hey everyone! Name’s David, live in Colorado. We picked up a 2024 back in June and I’ve been lurking on this forum. Finally got some stuff put together for the little LC so I figured I’d join!

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg

The new roof rack was designed by a local company here in Colorado; Uptop Overland. Had an opportunity to spend some time with them while they installed and wired up the new rack.

I installed the OVS 270 awning on it myself last night. Happy to say that I can almost fully open the back with the awning open!

FYI, I’m selling the factory roof rack, reach out to me on DM if you’re interested!

Previous vehicles:
2019 Tesla Model 3
59907058268__6BA84441-27F6-4FBF-9287-28DDE3E45BE4.jpeg

2013 Audi S6
IMG_0254.jpeg

2014 Ford F-150 V8
IMG_2581.jpeg

(No Pictures)
2007 BMW 335i
2009 Honda Accord V6
2003 4Runner SR5
1997 Nissan Pathrinder SE
1991 Honda Civic

It is! We had a few nightmares in there.. suffice to say I had to learn my lesson twice, not to buy used German cars. The 2014 F150 we sold just at the beginning of last year so we were a 1 car family in the middle of Colorado for almost 1.5 years waiting for this one. Bronco fell through and we didn’t feel like spending $20k extra on one on the lot.

It is! We had a few nightmares in there.. suffice to say I had to learn my lesson twice, not to buy used German cars. The 2014 F150 we sold just at the beginning of last year so we were a 1 car family in the middle of Colorado for almost 1.5 years waiting for this one. Bronco fell through and we didn’t feel like spending $20k extra on one on the lot.
I loved our VW original Beetles, but agree, no current German vehicles! Owned a BMW 335d, but could see it would become a money pit. Speaking of VW, they appear to be in serious financial trouble, as well as Stellantis. Thankfully, it appears Toyota predicted the market correctly, well, except with the bZ4X.

I loved our VW original Beetles, but agree, no current German vehicles! Owned a BMW 335d, but could see it would become a money pit. Speaking of VW, they appear to be in serious financial trouble, as well as Stellantis. Thankfully, it appears Toyota predicted the market correctly, well, except with the bZ4X.
Sad to hear, I’ve always loved the GTI, the S4/5/6… and the old school Jetta from the 2000s.
Yeah I don’t know who would want a bZ4X. Toyotas lineup has sooo many SUVs though so I guess someone will buy ‘em. Our local dealerships have them available in droves. Saw a Crown Signa station wagon, that was actually pretty cool. Reminds me of the A4/S4 all-road.

Saw a Crown Signa station wagon, that was actually pretty cool. Reminds me of the A4/S4 all-road.
The Crown Signia has my attention. In our early 80's, it would be perfect for the wife's ingress/egress. And, with Toyota's bulletproof hybrid system...

The Crown Signia has my attention. In our early 80's, it would be perfect for the wife's ingress/egress. And, with Toyota's bulletproof hybrid system...
We have a Model Y we got EOY 2021, couldn’t not jump on a deal where we basically got rid of the smaller 3 for the same price we bought it to have a car that we could fit both kids in. My wife was pregnant at the time. (I’m 6’5” so I couldn’t fit the giant baby seat behind me and my son wouldn’t be able to fit his legs without me scrunched forward). But when that one bites the bullet we hope Toyota or another company has a reasonably priced EV. With Colorado electrical cost and solar panels, it makes too much sense not to have a pure EV commuter.

Back