New Member from South Africa

Lints

📛 Founding Member
Oct 17, 2024
Media
South Africa
Vehicles
Land Cruiser Prado 250 First Edition 2.8 GD6
Hi All. I’m from South Africa and recently purchased a first edition VXR it’s the 2.8 diesel motor.

Previously owned the 2.8 GD6 Fortuner and Land Cruiser 200 and then bought myself a Landrover 110 D300 HSE, and I have now come back to the Toyota family !

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Welcome! Would love to see some of your region specific options that are available.

Welcome! I'd be really interested to compare performance between the hybrid we have and the desiel.

-Kurt

The First Edition I own is also referred to as the VXR Prado. So in South Africa we get the VX-R Prado (rectangular lights) and the VX-R Prado First Edition. Main difference between them is that the first edition does not have the sunroof and center console cooler.

We also get the TX Prado which is the entry level model (smaller media screen and instrument cluster, and only 6 speaker audio system and a few other minor differences) but far better spec that than the 1958 models in the US.

Both models are powered by the 2.8 GD motor couples to an 8 speed auto transmission. Making 150kw and 500nm of torque. They are also both 7 seater models with the 6&7 seat being electric and fold flat into the boot floor. So the diesels in South Africa have a bit more space in the boot as there is no raised platform due to battery packs of the Hybrids in the US and elsewhere.

Also have a 10 speaker audio system although not the JBL system ( I also can’t seem to find the settings on the screen to seperately tune the bass and treble). Front and rear seats heated and cooled ( this may be the same globally). We have 110l fuel tank, fuel consumption is great even with the factory Toyo Open Country AT3 - 265/70/18 ( pity we don’t get these in SA so will have to replace with something else when the time comes). I have put on 5600km so far and my current fuel consumption is 11.1KM/L, it’s the best consumption I have had on any of my overlanding vehicles to date.

Im sure that’s going to change soon once the roof rack, suspension, decat exhaust system and software tune get done.

Back