GMRS simple install.

JustinHEMI

📛 Founding Member
Aug 27, 2024
TN
Vehicles
2024 LC250
I wanted a small and simple GMRS to install into the LC so I went with the Radioddity DB20-G because it's very small and has a 12V plug so it doesn't need to be hard wired.

It's small enough that I don't think it's placement will bother a passenger too much, but I don't have a passenger very frequently anyway. I can move it if need be.

I used the unused driver side firewall port for the antenna cable and it tucked in above the pedals and through the center console. The driver and passenger knee pads just pop off which made fishing the cable very easy. I used a simple hood mount for the antenna and I put it on the passenger side so it isn't in my line of site.

Then the power cord just tucks in under the center console to the 12V plug. Probably not pretty enough for those that don't like any wires showing, but it serves my desire of being easily removable. I could pull this all out in minutes.

PXL-20241020-012119560.jpg

PXL-20241020-012225859.jpg

PXL-20241020-012205472.jpg

PXL-20241020-012151518.jpg

This was meant to be in electronics. Respectfully request a move.

One more question...did you screw in the magnetic mic mount? If so, do you think vhb tape would hold?

If you have never used vhb.. it's really strong and you almost have to pry off what your holding. It's heavily used in the rv industry to hold things on inner walls.

Did the antenna come with the unit or was it a separate purchase?

Separate. Midland – MXTA26

One more question...did you screw in the magnetic mic mount? If so, do you think vhb tape would hold?

If you have never used vhb.. it's really strong and you almost have to pry off what your holding. It's heavily used in the rv industry to hold things on inner walls.

Screwed. I have used and do have VHB, and considered using it, but the magnet is strong and I wasn't confident it would last long on that dash material with the hard pull of the magnet.

Back