New here, from NH

omgponies

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Sep 16, 2024
NH
Vehicles
2024 LC
Just bought a Land Cruiser (the middle package - some call it the Land Cruiser Land Cruiser and some call it the Base, even though I thought the 1958 was the base) - wanted the 1958 but couldn't find any available, so went with what was available which happens to look exactly like what I see as the forum banner right now - blue with gray top, 20" wheels, premium package. I didn't want it maxed out like that, but it was what was available and I love it so far. Have had a range of cars over the years, but this is my first outright Toyota and first LC.

I had wanted one, but admittedly am unlikely to do much offroading so it was largely wasted on me - but the other cars I wanted (Toyota Grand Highlander Platinum Max or Suburu Onyx XT) were both impossible to source (the former due to an airbag recall and no clue on the latter). So bit the bullet and paid more than I really wanted for features I didn't really need - but regardless, I love it.

Fewer than 100 miles on it, so still very new to me.

Main annoyances so far are pretty few:
  • first car with Car Play and it worked right away, and then didn't - will have to see if whatever settings I adjusted make it stay on
  • even when the main display (not the driver display) is set to auto adjust, it was just blasting me with light mode - "fixed" by just having it always on dark mode
  • no sunglasses holder in the ceiling lights area (or anywhere)
  • no tray to hold anything under the armrest (I have the one with the cold compartment, so I cannot even find an aftermarket part)
  • the driver display doesn't seem to remember any settings (e.g. I want to see my tire pressures and mpg and distance to empty - no matter what I change, every time I drive it is something else - admittedly haven't read the manual yet, so maybe there is some step that is less obvious to me than my current playing with it)
  • at 80mph+ it feels a little floaty - granted, I am not really expecting a car built for offroad and very box shaped to be great at speeds over the speed limit on the highway, but just an observation

If those remain my only annoyances, I will be very happy - so far I love the car.

On my drive home from the dealership, going backroads to avoid traffic from a big accident on the highway, someone in a Toyota 4Runner honked and leaned out the window and pointed out me - not sure if we have the equivalent of the Jeep wave or something, but caught me off guard.

Anyways - hello to all!

You don't know what you are missing, if not venturing off-road a bit. Nothing severe, but use the LC where it excels.

Back