New from UK

flyingtrotter

📛 Founding Member
May 30, 2024
Media
UK
Vehicles
FFRR (Trail Dust/Sand First Edition in UK spec on order)
The orders can be placed here in the UK from next week - all being well I will be able to order a FE - pricing in the UK is a bit steep at GBP 79,995 for a First Edition with a 2.8 lt HiLux diesel engine not the US 48v hybrid - with the UK tensions with diesel engined cars it’s a bit of a worry but I will place an order for Sept delivery if I can do so and my insurers will provide cover (question posed and hope to hear they will)

Are there any other UK members - seems to be largely a US/Canada site

I have had a FFRR for some years and this will be my first LC

Hey flyingtrotter, welcome! You are SO lucky to have the availability of a diesel! However, now you have me curious, as I not aware the LC hybrid is 48 volts.

The UK and EU models are all Diesel in 2024 with first deliveries “allegedly” Sept

They are supposed to be releasing the 48V Petrol hybrid in 2025

My current FFRR is a 4.4 V8 diesel so having to sign up to buy a First edition without seeing it let alone driving is a bit of a concern

The orders can be placed here in the UK from next week - all being well I will be able to order a FE - pricing in the UK is a bit steep at GBP 79,995 for a First Edition with a 2.8 lt HiLux diesel engine not the US 48v hybrid - with the UK tensions with diesel engined cars it’s a bit of a worry but I will place an order for Sept delivery if I can do so and my insurers will provide cover (question posed and hope to hear they will)

Are there any other UK members - seems to be largely a US/Canada site

I have had a FFRR for some years and this will be my first LC
Hello I,m in the Uk Tamworth staffs I got a hint we maybe able to or next week as well which Dealer are you with I,ve got my name down with more than one
Regards
Dave. 07973408032

I’m registered with one around London

What are you thinking about the HiLux engine ?

My bigger issue is insurance as my current Range Rover is hard to insure and I can’t get insurance for a new JLR model here in N London - lovely area - lots of £100k+ vehicles here parked on the streets and multi million pound homes.

Hopefully a Toyota Landcruiser will be more readily insurance (theft risk , reliability, maintenance, accident repair costs etc)

I’m registered with one around London

What are you thinking about the HiLux engine ?

My bigger issue is insurance as my current Range Rover is hard to insure and I can’t get insurance for a new JLR model here in N London - lovely area - lots of £100k+ vehicles here parked on the streets and multi million pound homes.

Hopefully a Toyota Landcruiser will be more readily insurance (theft risk , reliability, maintenance, accident repair costs etc)
Hi the 2.8 engine is well tested over the years will be fine I expect the LC to be slightly more noisy than the Land rovers I’ve had the new Defender great car but I,m never fully comfortable with its reliability which one are you hopefully ordering I,m going to try and order the First Edition in blue

First Edition in Sand with contrast roof is on my order form - apparently next Wed is the day the dealer can process the order

Had a new Range Rover on order before I was messed around before the spec stripping and price increases and the insurance market refused to cover

Then I was looking at a Grenadier but I drove one and it was not for me

Really excited about the new LC - but £80k seems very pricey when the US model is so much cheaper

First Edition in Sand with contrast roof is on my order form - apparently next Wed is the day the dealer can process the order

Had a new Range Rover on order before I was messed around before the spec stripping and price increases and the insurance market refused to cover

Then I was looking at a Grenadier but I drove one and it was not for me

Really excited about the new LC - but £80k seems very pricey when the US model is so much cheaper
I agree £80 k is way over the Top Gear forecast of £65k hopefully if we get our cars I’ll come see you I deliver Lease cars all over the country I,m told the Grenadier’s a bit agricultural?

I agree £80 k is way over the Top Gear forecast of £65k hopefully if we get our cars I’ll come see you I deliver Lease cars all over the country I,m told the Grenadier’s a bit agricultural?
So you actually got a order form? Your doing well

Yep - Top Gear in that pretty watchable you tube review (if you ignore the idiot presenter) was saying £65k and I had £70k as my marker price when i saw the US pricing but then I saw that they have set the First Edition at £79,995 which concerns me a little in terms of residuals

Ah well - if my insurers will cover it at a sensible price I will almost certainly proceed

Well yes but that seems to be my dealer retrospectively sending a doc that has my deposit marked as non- refundable ! Lovely

Yep - Top Gear in that pretty watchable you tube review (if you ignore the idiot presenter) was saying £65k and I had £70k as my marker price when i saw the US pricing but then I saw that they have set the First Edition at £79,995 which concerns me a little in terms of residuals

Ah well - if my insurers will cover it at a sensible price I will almost certainly proceed
That’s exactly what I budgeted £70k thought it can’t possibly be more!! The 1958 is only around £43k !! In the US

Well yes but that seems to be my dealer retrospectively sending a doc that has my deposit marked as non- refundable ! Lovely
None refundable for a car that you might not get ! It’s a joke very odd way to buy a car I just hope the Dealers don’t load the price even mor if the do I’ll be out we will see next Wednesday fingers crossed good luck 🤞

So will you buy at around £10k above a sensible price for the vehicle ?

Seems the “invincible” spec is almost the same bar a contrast roof smaller wheels on the FE - 20 inch on the Invincible - and some internal badging

None refundable for a car that you might not get ! It’s a joke very odd way to buy a car I just hope the Dealers don’t load the price even mor if the do I’ll be out we will see next Wednesday fingers crossed good luck 🤞
Well I’m a lawyer - but arguing about £500 - if no car allocated I would expect to get refunded

If I am allocated a vehicle and insurers will cover it want a right to reject on delivery if I drive it and don’t want to proceed or it’s defective (saw the posts on roof dents) but let’s see

Well I’m a lawyer - but arguing about £500 - if no car allocated I would expect to get refunded

If I am allocated a vehicle and insurers will cover it want a right to reject on delivery if I drive it and don’t want to proceed or it’s defective (saw the posts on roof dents) but let’s see
We will have the right to reject it as it’s pretty much distance buying not being able to see it a test drive it etc I’ll keep in touch
Dave

Thanks Dave

Are there many others Brits on here ? OST threads I found seem to be focused on the US/Canada markets and hence the petrol 48V hybrid powered version

Ok we will have to have a UK event then at a service station profiling the entire UK memberships vehicles !!

Speak next week after we find out what the position is with vehicle allocation and insurance

Ok we will have to have a UK event then at a service station profiling the entire UK memberships vehicles !!

Speak next week after we find out what the position is with vehicle allocation and insurance
Ok cheers I don't know your name

Back