New from UK

Welcome Jimbo - 750k miles in LC’s that’s impressive. We’ve had one 120 series, three 150 series and a 250 Invincible due in early December - with a tow bar….maybe.
Between the two of us that’s over a million miles without a single hiccup, I wonder what the stats are for Land Rover Discoveries or Range Rovers??!!😂😂

What do you think about the engine in the 250? Same power plant as the last 150 but hopefully they are getting a bit more out of i??
It is considerably faster and has much more low down torque than our 15 and 17 plate 150 series but these were the 173 bhp the later ones were 200 hp so I couldn’t compare. I can say the chassis is greatly improved the scuttle shake of the old model has gone and they are much quieter inside I would also,say it handles and rides better than my wife’s 150 which is on air suspension. The gear box which was always the most annoying part of both the 120 and 150 series is now very good and doesn’t overrun like the old one. It seems to regen the dpf about every 100 miles .whilst I have this on tractors I have never had it on a car so I’m not sure if that’s usual. Perhaps this is passive regeneration which is taking advantage of the high engine temp? I ran it up to Cheltenham and back today and it averaged 30mpg, pretty good as I had to hunt round lanes as the M5 was buggered again!

Back