New from UK

Attachments

• 9BBDBC98-F544-4D4E-BB78-89F77BEB8F48.jpeg
    9BBDBC98-F544-4D4E-BB78-89F77BEB8F48.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 47
  • D4FA9C33-2035-473D-8EC3-8A0B39D69CF4.jpeg
    D4FA9C33-2035-473D-8EC3-8A0B39D69CF4.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 35
Dave that’s massively impressive, hats off to you. I guess you need to buy a pack of plastic bolts/clips to re-fit the bumper and taking that off / re-fitting is the worst part of the job?
One of my previous LC’s had that towbar, can you adjust the height once fitted? I can’t remember.

Dave that’s massively impressive, hats off to you. I guess you need to buy a pack of plastic bolts/clips to re-fit the bumper and taking that off / re-fitting is the worst part of the job?
One of my previous LC’s had that towbar, can you adjust the height once fitted? I can’t remember.
Yes mate you can just the hight but it’s at about 50 mm as it comes it’s mostly push fit and 10mm speed bolts

Mine arrived at the dealer precisely as originally predicted today

Looks like collection next Friday insurance permitting

I am not happy paying $103k for what the US pays $70k plus for and having standard FE components like the stronger beefier sump guard deleted and available as a cost option and I have told my dealer that - it’s shitty service but it seems they are so arrogant in the UK they think they can do whatever they like no matter how absurd it looks

It’s not a great interaction pre-collection

Mine arrived at the dealer precisely as originally predicted today

Looks like collection next Friday insurance permitting

I am not happy paying $103k for what the US pays $70k plus for and having standard FE components like the stronger beefier sump guard deleted and available as a cost option and I have told my dealer that - it’s shitty service but it seems they are so arrogant in the UK they think they can do whatever they like no matter how absurd it looks

It’s not a great interaction pre-collection
Good morning Flying trotter
I tottaly agree there seems to be a strange attitude to customers , I use the term customer loosely as I dont actually feel like a customer!! in the spec list I recieved from Toyota UK there is no mention of skid plates at all not even the rubbish ones we have on our LCs Martyn Toyota on You Tube does a very good comparison with both Skid plates on the floor inc the thickness side by side

Dave - this is the Toyota flanged towbar that I had on the other 3 LC’s.
I think the fixed version you have is neater but is it as easy to change the height on as I have two trailers of very different size??

Note the Dunlop Ditchfinders on the wheels! The previous Invincible came with 19” alloys and you can’t get proper AT tyres like the BF Goodrich or Grabber AT’s in that size. Really strange that Toyota did that to us in the UK but a common theme arising here in the UK………..

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 21
Dave - this is the Toyota flanged towbar that I had on the other 3 LC’s.
I think the fixed version you have is neater but is it as easy to change the height on as I have two trailers of very different size??

Note the Dunlop Ditchfinders on the wheels! The previous Invincible came with 19” alloys and you can’t get proper AT tyres like the BF Goodrich or Grabber AT’s in that size. Really strange that Toyota did that to us in the UK but a common theme arising here in the UK………..

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    690.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 19
You have done a great job there Dave.
Thanks for the photo, I see how it pivots on the rear bolt to alter height.

You have done a great job there Dave.
Thanks for the photo, I see how it pivots on the rear bolt to alter height.
No worries it’s a pleasure it’s a great car but I’m not sure it’s a tough off road vehicle after stripping down the rear end the plastics are very flexible flimsy maybe unfair but certainly not tough the FE mud flaps look good but not sure how they will stand up but you will be pleased overall

No worries it’s a pleasure it’s a great car but I’m not sure it’s a tough off road vehicle after stripping down the rear end the plastics are very flexible flimsy maybe unfair but certainly not tough the FE mud flaps look good but not sure how they will stand up but you will be pleased overall
How low does it sit? Does it greatly reduce the departure angle?

This will be my 5th LC so there’s not much that will put me off!! Good to hear you like it though.
What do you think of the engine? That’s my one concern as it’s the same one as before and I felt it could do with more power and be quieter / smoother.

How low does it sit? Does it greatly reduce the departure angle?
The bottom of the tow bar / swan neck is the same level as the spare wheel tyre
I can’t find the TRC / VSC trailer sway control button or in the settings any idea any one?

I can’t find the TRC / VSC trailer sway control button or in the settings any idea any one?
trailer away control will be on as soon as the vehicle detects a trailer connected,.

trailer away control will be on as soon as the vehicle detects a trailer connected,.
Yes it should but I haven’t got the beeper on indicating I’m thinking it may need tuning in but Toyota told me they think it’s plug and play?

Yes it should but I haven’t got the beeper on indicating I’m thinking it may need tuning in but Toyota told me they think it’s plug and play?
I will check for you tomorrow

Back