New from UK

Yes same here My Toyota processing but Steven Eagle my Dealer is saying the orders are not confirmed also Toyota UK yesterday said the order on my order no is not confirmed but My Toyota is the same as yours so I’ve emailed Toyota Uk this morning I’ll let you know what they say
Dave
Good morning STRAD Has your dealer tried charging you for a tow bar ??

Some blurb said it comes with one but maybe that US models - not an issue for me either way but be good to know what we are getting

Hi EOD GUY again just noticed your in the US it,s all very different here in the UK we are very lucky to get to the order stage I have an order no. but cannot find anything out the Dealer knows nothing , Toyota UK has my order as not confirmed I have got My Toyota portal showing my order but thats it I presume you have My Toyota as well ??
regards Dave

P.S. the My Toyota app on my phone is good
No worries, yes we have My Toyota and to be honest the UK version seems to provide additional information. Being an Explosive Ordnance Disposal technician, I worked with several members of the Royal Engineers' bomb disposal over in the desert. Much respect.

Good morning STRAD Has your dealer tried charging you for a tow bar ??
Yes, I’ve ordered a tow bar. They didn’t know the exact cost (another example of Toyota UK not being ready for this car’s arrival) so started quoting big numbers but in fairness agreed to do it for the HiLux price of £800 which I accepted.

And the US specs folk have posted and the manuals on line have the Term “moonroof”

Seems like sunroof is the normal size - a pan is twice the size and opens and the moonroof is twice the size but does not open

Not sure really but pan is the word I saw on the spec they released
I photo’d the Spec Sheet for the Invincible which is as attached and shows the “Panoramic Roof”

Attachments

• View recent photos.jpeg
    View recent photos.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 25
Some blurb said it comes with one but maybe that US models - not an issue for me either way but be good to know what we are getting
Yes we pay the most in the UK and get the least theres a big price difference in a sun roof to a Panoramic roof which is what me and Flyingtrotter were lead to believe in a spec we were sent ie UK spec with Pan roof

Yes we pay the most in the UK and get the least theres a big price difference in a sun roof to a Panoramic roof which is what me and Flyingtrotter were lead to believe in a spec we were sent ie UK spec with Pan roof
plus the sunroof is a fixed roof i believe ??

Yes, I’ve ordered a tow bar. They didn’t know the exact cost (another example of Toyota UK not being ready for this car’s arrival) so started quoting big numbers but in fairness agreed to do it for the HiLux price of £800 which I accepted.
I,m pretty sure they are already on them at the factory and all you do is pick the style of ball the goes into the Square socket us style

Yep that’s the bulletin which lists the spec

I,m pretty sure they are already on them at the factory and all you do is pick the style of ball the goes into the Square socket us style
3 of my previous 4 LC’s have been new and I have always had to select the towbar as an extra, from different dealers too. The last one was 2022 Invincible and they could only fit it months after the delivery as the wiring looms were made in Ukraine up to then at least.
I’m sure you could get it fitted cheaper than £800 but I want Toyota to be responsible for any problems down the line.

3 of my previous 4 LC’s have been new and I have always had to select the towbar as an extra, from different dealers too. The last one was 2022 Invincible and they could only fit it months after the delivery as the wiring looms were made in Ukraine up to then at least.
I’m sure you could get it fitted cheaper than £800 but I want Toyota to be responsible for any problems down the line.
Oh right thanks for that I’ll order one when they give me the opportunity cheers

The vehicle used for the J250 promo video with the woman driving (see the post on the videos thread) seems to have a panoramic roof or a moon roof - bigger than a standard sun roof but it could be a fixed glass roof

The vehicle used for the J250 promo video with the woman driving (see the post on the videos thread) seems to have a panoramic roof or a moon roof - bigger than a standard sun roof but it could be a fixed glass roof
It seems every country is getting a different vehicle. Diesel engines, paddle shifters, panoramic moonroof. Wouldn’t it be easier to make one vehicle with all the same options and make it available to everyone? I myself in the US would like to see paddle shifters and a panoramic moonroof.

Currently have a UK order in 'processing' state for a Sand First Edition. Having gone though a similar process (albeit online orders) for my GR86 the whole process isn't very transparent and tends to look stuck for quite a while before moving on more quickly close to the end. We were told August delivery and I got mine in December. it should be possible to work out which ship it goes on so you can live track it's progress across the world using a ship tracker website.

Spec wise we also ended up with different spec cars to what was on the initial spec sheet (no parking sensors), there's not much you can do about it at this point but if your deposit was placed over the phone/email you always have the right to back out until the last moment.

Back