New from UK

Hi all apparently the orders are being confirmed today have you been told the same by your Dealerships??

good morning have you had your order confirmed? My dealership is saying no one has received confirmation yet?
Dave
I have been given a link to the "My Toyota" site where there's a section called "Ordered cars" and I can see an order number with a status of "Processing order".

Hello from another UK (East Anglia region) new member!
2024 Invincible due to arrive in September but we’ll see if that date holds……..
Hello from another UK (East Anglia region) new member!
2024 Invincible due to arrive in September but we’ll see if that date holds……..
Hi Strad Toyota UK have just told me none of the orders are confirmed orders this is the most stressful car I’ve ever bought!!!
Dave

Dave - I agree that this is a shambolic purchase process. I put a £500 deposit down in early August 2023 and had radio silence until last week when they took substantially more to proceed with the build. I have an order number and that’s about it.
The UK website showed a car in Meteor Shower (silver) but I was told that wasn’t available in the UK. I contacted Toyota Uk who have since taken those pictures down.
The dealer has been given very little detail so other than a few key features, they can’t confirm the full spec. This is not their fault.
The Invincible colour choice is woeful: black, met black, white, sand or Decuma grey which is in non metallic but they can’t show me that as all the other Toyotas in decuma grey are metallic paint.
So I’ve already paid thousands of pounds for a car that is way more expensive here than in the US, doesn’t have the colour I want, I’ve not yet seen let alone driven and may or may not have the full spec I want…….. I’m feeling pretty clever!!😂
Hopefully our friends from across the pond will assure us that it’s going to be a great vehicle and won’t disappoint??

Dave - I agree that this is a shambolic purchase process. I put a £500 deposit down in early August 2023 and had radio silence until last week when they took substantially more to proceed with the build. I have an order number and that’s about it.
The UK website showed a car in Meteor Shower (silver) but I was told that wasn’t available in the UK. I contacted Toyota Uk who have since taken those pictures down.
The dealer has been given very little detail so other than a few key features, they can’t confirm the full spec. This is not their fault.
The Invincible colour choice is woeful: black, met black, white, sand or Decuma grey which is in non metallic but they can’t show me that as all the other Toyotas in decuma grey are metallic paint.
So I’ve already paid thousands of pounds for a car that is way more expensive here than in the US, doesn’t have the colour I want, I’ve not yet seen let alone driven and may or may not have the full spec I want…….. I’m feeling pretty clever!!😂
Hopefully our friends from across the pond will assure us that it’s going to be a great vehicle and won’t disappoint??
We must be mad !! I’m the same it’s driving me mad all the uncertainty I’m into a First Edition £80k all because I want a Blue one !! Fingers crossed mate my no is 07973408032 I gave Toyota UK my order no and they said it’s an unconfirmed order it just gets worse
Regards
Dave

We are all in the same boat - never bought anything with quite this level of uncertainty - it’s all very odd and I ordered an INEOS Grenadier on the back of a test drive in a pre production vehicle !! Here no scope to even see before it arrives - the various reviews all had it at circa £65k and we end up at £80k let’s hope it is worth it

Hello again Strad
my Dealership wont take a further £5k deposit until the order is confirmed it just put doubt in your mind i,m resided myself to if it comes it comes i,m fed up now if you believe the My Toyota its an order no word of unconfirmed at all in fact it say Congratulations Dave !!!!! I think the Decuma is Metalic the Dealership sent me a short video of another L C an older one is was metalic but who knows my choices were Smokey blue / Sand / White i,ve ordered Blue i hope !!

I’ve paid £500 and then £1000 and it’s supposed to be ordered - have you been asked for an additional £5000 on top

I’m a little concerned at the price jump from the old model and what this will mean for residual values but I’m telling myself it’s not dissimilar to other brands and the short supply should help assuming it’s as good as all the reports suggest

We are all in the same boat - never bought anything with quite this level of uncertainty - it’s all very odd and I ordered an INEOS Grenadier on the back of a test drive in a pre production vehicle !! Here no scope to even see before it arrives - the various reviews all had it at circa £65k and we end up at £80k let’s hope it is worth it
Hello flyingtrotter
What can we do I deliver lease cars and some people have waited years for them all sorts of makes we dont actualy deliver Toyotas though I,m fed up of calling the Dealership but i,m told by Toyota UK that the Dealership should be able to find out more info if they try ??
Dave

Yes, I paid £500 in Aug 23 and last week paid another £5k

Hello again Strad
my Dealership wont take a further £5k deposit until the order is confirmed it just put doubt in your mind i,m resided myself to if it comes it comes i,m fed up now if you believe the My Toyota its an order no word of unconfirmed at all in fact it say Congratulations Dave !!!!! I think the Decuma is Metalic the Dealership sent me a short video of another L C an older one is was metalic but who knows my choices were Smokey blue / Sand / White i,ve ordered Blue i hope !!
Dave - I hope your dealer confirms the order and you get your blue choice.
One of my previous LC’s was decuma grey and that was metallic but I’ve seen the Toyota UK paint choice page for the Invincible at it’s def non-metallic

What colour have you hopefully ordered in the end ??
Decuma grey but wanted the meteor shower silver. Having had 4 previous LC’s I know that their paint is thin and they scratch easily so thought silver would hide that best…….

That’s weird - why are they asking for different amounts ? I get it’s different in different countries but we are all dealing with UK main dealers

Then there is the “launch” “first edition” supposedly coming first and yet people with reservations on invincible versions are being quoted delivery ahead of a FE (Sept not Oct)

Ah well I guess it will all become clear over time

Yes, I paid £500 in Aug 23 and last week paid another £5k
What colour have you hopefully ordered in the end ??
Dave - I hope your dealer confirms the order and you get your blue choice.
One of my previous LC’s was decuma grey and that was metallic but I’ve seen the Toyota UK paint choice page for the Invincible at it’s def non-metallic
What a joke Toyota seems to be treating us almost with contempt we pay the most in the world and get the least

That’s weird - why are they asking for different amounts ? I get it’s different in different countries but we are all dealing with UK main dealers

Then there is the “launch” “first edition” supposedly coming first and yet people with reservations on invincible versions are being quoted delivery ahead of a FE (Sept not Oct)

Ah well I guess it will all become clear over time
One Dealership Vantage quoted October !!

I’ve paid £500 and then £1000 and it’s supposed to be ordered - have you been asked for an additional £5000 on top
Sorry I forgot to reply I’ve now paid 2 x £500 and the Dealership wants another £5000 once the order is confirmed which at 5pm tonight it was not confirmed they are telling me no ones order is confirmed but every Dealership seems to tell people different things! Then at about 5.40 tonight another Dealership offered me a FE for £83000 !!! Delivery before Christmas what the hell is going on

Mmmm- that is a concern - I have just dealt with one dealer - hope he and his management are trustworthy

Mmmm- that is a concern - I have just dealt with one dealer - hope he and his management are trustworthy
I think so I’m only dealing with one Dealer but before them I was ringing around and they all take your details maybe ask your dealer if your order is definitely a confirmed order?

Back