New from UK

If you add up the car, delivery, reg fee, 1st yr road tax and number plates it comes to £79,995 which is the list price of the FE cars. The paint (and headlights) is the whole point of the FE car so they can’t charge extra for that when the price is already loaded by £5k and the side steps have always been part of the top end Land Cruiser spec so it’s a big no to that too.
I think this is just more of the same in that the dealers have been told nothing by Toyota and they are just making it up as they go along.
I’m sure a civil conversation with your dealer will correct their error.

Hello I,m not sure they offer insurance anymore?
Dave - This was VW but I’m pretty sure Toyota have on my previous cars. No doubt they will have stopped doing it just to make life more complicated……..

If you add up the car, delivery, reg fee, 1st yr road tax and number plates it comes to £79,995 which is the list price of the FE cars. The paint (and headlights) is the whole point of the FE car so they can’t charge extra for that when the price is already loaded by £5k and the side steps have always been part of the top end Land Cruiser spec so it’s a big no to that too.
I think this is just more of the same in that the dealers have been told nothing by Toyota and they are just making it up as they go along.
I’m sure a civil conversation with your dealer will correct their error.
Strad I have a picture of mine in the Derby plant showing side steps and roof rails

Yes, both have been standard spec on all Invincibles for ever so LuisP definitely needs to make some noise

Attachments

• ceddd2c2-b2f6-4dd1-b276-a2ce774d4941.jpeg
    ceddd2c2-b2f6-4dd1-b276-a2ce774d4941.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 7
What is the paint work thing? Must be ceramic coating or something?
Supagard is their version of the ceramic coating. I’ve had it before and did order it again this time. It’s not particularly good but they also give the seats and carpets a coat of protection in the relatively low cost - you get what you pay for in life!!
Be warned LC paint is very thin and does get stone chipped easily so a PPF on the bonnet and front wings would be best but yet more cost……….

Welcome Louise
Paint work? In what respect ? I have a picture of mine and the side steps are on it
Hi, I have been given Oct 7th as the ETA at the dealership, but I won't be able to pick it up until the 18th or 19th as I will be travelling as of tomorrow.
With regards to the what type of paintwork I am paying for, I have requested absolutely nothing special, just specified the Sand /Grey bi-tone colour for the car. I suspect the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, given that Toyota have not issued the customary standard spec and optional extras list (and prices) for this vehicle. I have already had a word with the dealer, and I got a bit of 'if you don't want it not to worry, there's a long queue of people who would pay anything to get their hands on this car'. I know this car is in huge demand, but that is no excuse for the dealer overcharging customers. I will log a complaint with Toyota UK, to see if that sobers them up a little.

Hi, I have been given Oct 7th as the ETA at the dealership, but I won't be able to pick it up until the 18th or 19th as I will be travelling as of tomorrow.
With regards to the what type of paintwork I am paying for, I have requested absolutely nothing special, just specified the Sand /Grey bi-tone colour for the car. I suspect the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, given that Toyota have not issued the customary standard spec and optional extras list (and prices) for this vehicle. I have already had a word with the dealer, and I got a bit of 'if you don't want it not to worry, there's a long queue of people who would pay anything to get their hands on this car'. I know this car is in huge demand, but that is no excuse for the dealer overcharging customers. I will log a complaint with Toyota UK, to see if that sobers them up a little.
The prices and factory options were published by Toyota and the FE doesn’t have an optional paint price, or steps for that matter. I would definitely speak to Toyota UK and ask them if their dealers are allowed to charge more than the RRP for a new car.

That’s an outrageous response from the dealer, you must take it up with Toyota UK. There’s no way that a main dealer would be allowed to charge over list price.

Back