Modular Rock Rail Step

Hello! My name is Curtis. I guess I'll make this an introduction of sorts. We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new Land Cruiser and we're excited to get rolling on accessories for it and take it all over the PNW to just enjoy the experience! Being a car guy and the adventuring type, I've always felt that the Toyota community in general was hugely underserviced by the domestic aftermarket and I want to slowly change that. I'm an engineer, pseudo designer, a doer, machinist, and my minds always racing. I run a small CNC machine shop, here in Washington. We specialize in high quality, innovative products, that just make sense.

Below are renderings of a step that I'm excited to get into production. A simple, yet rugged, modular step that attaches to the OEM supplied rock rail. 6061 T6 billet aluminum throughout and stainless steel hardware. If you opt to keep them on full time, they're ultra low maintenance. If you choose to remove them on the weekends for trail duty, it's an incredibly simple task.

I'm excited to get this project going along with anything else that the community sees as a valid need. I'm always open to ideas! Let me know what you think.

View attachment 2522View attachment 2523View attachment 2524View attachment 2525
Hey Curtis ! Please send me the link for your product,Thanks!

Hello! My name is Curtis. I guess I'll make this an introduction of sorts. We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new Land Cruiser and we're excited to get rolling on accessories for it and take it all over the PNW to just enjoy the experience! Being a car guy and the adventuring type, I've always felt that the Toyota community in general was hugely underserviced by the domestic aftermarket and I want to slowly change that. I'm an engineer, pseudo designer, a doer, machinist, and my minds always racing. I run a small CNC machine shop, here in Washington. We specialize in high quality, innovative products, that just make sense.

Below are renderings of a step that I'm excited to get into production. A simple, yet rugged, modular step that attaches to the OEM supplied rock rail. 6061 T6 billet aluminum throughout and stainless steel hardware. If you opt to keep them on full time, they're ultra low maintenance. If you choose to remove them on the weekends for trail duty, it's an incredibly simple task.

I'm excited to get this project going along with anything else that the community sees as a valid need. I'm always open to ideas! Let me know what you think.

View attachment 2522View attachment 2523View attachment 2524View attachment 2525
I would love a set too.

We're roughly 6 weeks out from the first orders shipping out. We opted to set up and machine 50 sets this run. In total, that's 1,000 billet parts, plus some extras for 'just incase'.

How are you shipping these out in 6 weeks when you haven’t even gotten caught up on orders from last October?

@EIGHTLUG

Last edited:
Please share more, was thinking of ordering this or Dissent Off-road Sliders. Curious what happened to you.
I’ve had the magnum steps on order since January for my bronco. Website originally stated 10 weeks lead time for delivery and after about 4 months of silence the only things they would tell me were “we will send you information when we have it” and something about the clamps being delayed. I haven’t gotten a response from them in over 2 months now.

I’m sure they make quality products but the customer service is currently almost non-existent. I am very disappointed with my experience in this transaction.

Recommend searching for them on the bronco6g forums or just reading recent google and facebook reviews.

I would like two pairs of these, how do I contact you about ordering them and price? Thanks. Scott

Anyone received the steps yet? I ordered early and have not heard a thing. Pinged them a few days ago. Heard nothing back. Hopefully, they are busy making them.

Anyone received the steps yet? I ordered early and have not heard a thing. Pinged them a few days ago. Heard nothing back. Hopefully, they are busy making them.
They said about 6 weeks out from starting production run. So I’d say another week first sets will be ready if they are on time. Don’t think anyone would have received yet.

I also bought early and emailed to enquire about status a week ago but have not yet received the courtesy of a reply... Somebody on a thread here was bitterly complaining that this vendor (Archetype) had not yet delivered on some other product and were many, many months late and had also failed to respond to their inquiries.... Hope I did not make a mistake and got scammed....

I also bought early and emailed to enquire about status a week ago but have not yet received the courtesy of a reply... Somebody on a thread here was bitterly complaining that this vendor (Archetype) had not yet delivered on some other product and were many, many months late and had also failed to respond to their inquiries.... Hope I did not make a mistake and got scammed....
Just scroll up, that was me. I wound up canceling my order (which they never responded to) and filing a dispute on my credit card.

Obviously it’s your decision to make but I would encourage you to go read Facebook reviews, google reviews (sort by newest), and Read the complaints on the BBB website.

Back