PMP3

📛 Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Austin, TX
Vehicles
Landcruiser FE 2024
IMG_5022.jpeg

Alright y’all. I’m desperate to get above this 15.2 mpg. Some of yall mentioned utilizing the MAX gauge and I’m looking for tips and suggestions with how to use it. For one how do you ever get the battery meter to be full? Best I can tell the max gauge just quickly fills then goes back down. I can’t really determine any rhyme or reason why it goes 1/2/3 quarters full or not or how to maintain it. Obviously when going from coasting and a light press of the pedal you see the gauge interact briefly but again it just quickly goes back down. How can I best utilize this to help me get more mpg?

Also using the onboard nav as some of you suggested will report back if there is improvements.

I find the white line on your MPG gauge to be more useful for observing your efficiency (although nothing to stop you from looking at both!). You'll see how it drops with difference scenarios. Any time spend with it past the 2nd dot (20mpg) is generally good. You'll see how quickly it drops to near 0 with any acceleration. Getting to speed and then fully taking your foot off the gas, then lightly re-pressing gas to maintain speed is the traditional way to drive a Prius style hybrid, I've had mixed results in the cruiser though.

The Max gauge is kinda handy, it shows you how much hybrid power you are using and the charge state of your battery.

I have the 1958 and thus a different display but you should have a boost gauge somewhere, which shows you the pressure that is created as the turbocharger compresses and forces more air (and also fuel) into the cylinders.
You can save fuel consumption by using partial throttle / low rpm when driving, which is keeping the turbo from spooling too much.
You’ll find it easier to manage on the highway (save for hills) but harder in stop & go driving. But I find that you can ease off the throttle and then gently reapply in order to get off the boost.

I am getting 17MPG at 300miles in.

Also, do any of you plan to put a screen protector over the infotainment system + gauge clusters?

For one how do you ever get the battery meter to be full?
The hybrid battery systems tries to never be full. At full the braking characteristics of the vehicle change and it can no longer capture braking energy.

Also, the manual is wrong. That's not showing the 12V system.

I find the white line on your MPG gauge to be more useful for observing your efficiency (although nothing to stop you from looking at both!). You'll see how it drops with difference scenarios. Any time spend with it past the 2nd dot (20mpg) is generally good. You'll see how quickly it drops to near 0 with any acceleration. Getting to speed and then fully taking your foot off the gas, then lightly re-pressing gas to maintain speed is the traditional way to drive a Prius style hybrid, I've had mixed results in the cruiser though.

The Max gauge is kinda handy, it shows you how much hybrid power you are using and the charge state of your battery.
I watch this white line as well more than the other

UPDATE... Something is working. Been using MAX + Onboard system nav and almost cried seeing the progress 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 2.08.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 2.08.40 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
UPDATE... Something is working. Been using MAX + Onboard system nav and almost cried seeing the progress 😂
Little bit jealous of you guys with the larger screen being able to have MAX gauge & fuel economy at the same time. The nav is cool too, I don't even think the smaller screen has that.

Back