๐Ÿ’ธ LCF List: Dealers charging MSRP for the 2024+ Land Cruiser

in Tennessee: Johnson City Toyota
I did a search on the smart path search engine and found a Meteor Shower LC Premium that was in build phase and called and talked to the dealer who said they donโ€™t add anything to the MSRP price listed.. I reserved it on the spot and awaiting delivery in August.

Fred Anderson Toyota in Sanford, NC did not charge any sort of dealer mark-up. 1958 edition here.

Seems to me like the right thread according to the heading. I for one am thankful I have seen it a couple times. Aa a TN resident who was unable to find a FE locally for less then $97k I am amazed at hearing of a FE at MSRP (then again it is black) :LOL: The guy should be proud of his dealership they way I see it.

Toyota of Cedar Park (north Austin suburb) will sell at MSRP. A $1,000 refundable deposit gets you on the waitlist. Only caveat is that all orders come with dealer add-on charges for window tint ($499) and a 7 year Vehicle Guard protection plan ($599).

Gulf States Toyota is the distributor who adds mandatory fees for the connectivity kit, cross bars, cargo net, cargo organizer, floor mats, door sill illumination, protection package, and cargo organizer into the MSRP price.

Last edited:
Toyota of Cedar Park (north Austin suburb) will sell at MSRP. A $1,000 refundable deposit gets you on the waitlist. Only caveat is that all orders come with dealer add-on charges for window tint ($499) and a 7 year Vehicle Guard protection plan ($599).

Gulf States Toyota is the distributor who adds mandatory fees for the connectivity kit, cross bars, cargo net, cargo organizer, floor mats, door sill illumination, protection package, and cargo organizer into the MSRP price.
Sounds close to an $1100 mark up to me...

I picked up my Ice Cap 1958 Edition yesterday from Folsom Lake Toyota (Sacramento-area). I placed my $500 deposit last August and was given the VIN for my truck on May 5. Zero markups and the only port-installed-options were illuminated door sills, all-weather mats (which I wanted), and the usb cable package. No other BS. Total price before tax & license was $58,003.

It was actually the most painfree dealership buying experience I've ever had. Highly recommended.

Seems to me like the right thread according to the heading. I for one am thankful I have seen it a couple times. Aa a TN resident who was unable to find a FE locally for less then $97k I am amazed at hearing of a FE at MSRP (then again it is black) :LOL: The guy should be proud of his dealership they way I see it.

Exactly

I wish there was a way to bring this to the top of the forum.

I have multiple trims coming into Nashville, TN at MSRP. Est. delivery July/August, no QC holds
Premium, 1958, and FE.
I hate dealers that gouge prices, but I only have a few left.

Call or text Sam K. 630-935-9565
I work for a Toyota Dealer
This is spam, mods

For those in Alberta, Canada:

My facebook exchange with Toyota City in Wetaskiwin, whose rep is trying to jack the price $15k over MSRP (now reduced the price since I've called her out - and has deleted the dealership name from the posting).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 1.08.44โ€ฏPM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 1.08.44โ€ฏPM.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 56
Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington is asking $20k over MSRP for LC and FE trims. No idea what they're doing on the 1958 trims. Fuck those guys.
I did a quick look on Autotrader of 100 mile radius of me, which includes Arlington. I sorted by price and they came to the top of the pile. I would say 80% are selling for MSRP now. Not sure about add ons

I did a quick look on Autotrader of 100 mile radius of me, which includes Arlington. I sorted by price and they came to the top of the pile. I would say 80% are selling for MSRP now. Not sure about add ons
The pricing on Autotrader isnโ€™t accurate for Vandergriff. They had one on the lot that I wanted, agreed on msrp over the phone, and they told me about the 20k markup for all land cruisers when I got there. Took almost an hour for my to get my truck keys back.

The pricing on Autotrader isnโ€™t accurate for Vandergriff. They had one on the lot that I wanted, agreed on msrp over the phone, and they told me about the 20k markup for all land cruisers when I got there. Took almost an hour for my to get my truck keys back.
Come on over to the good side of the river. Very few charging markup. Even the shady guys in Annapolis have stopped but they do sneak on a $500 "Dealer Service Fee" on all new cars

Groove Toyota, South of Denver, had a menu of options to add related to paint protection, wheel locks, etc. that you could select all/some/none on. Also had a dealer handling fee. At close had options for a various warranty and maintenance plans that were mildly pressured but not forced.

Inventory and pricing was true to their online Smart Path availability.

I've heard Mountain States Toyota North of Denver is an MSRP dealer but their inventory online never matched up with what they said they had on the phone so I gave up working with them.

I know not everyone can be so picky, but basically if the inventory and pricing isnt completely transparent online - call for pricing - I won't deal with them.

I'd expect a dealer handling fee in the range of $500 that may or may not be negotiable from most sellers. Every dealer add on seemed to have a secret lower price as well when I said what I like but had more of a 1958 budget when buying the LC base.

SFBay area dealers I've talked to:
  • Toyota Walnut Creek: MSRP, waiting list requires a deposit, and it's long enough they don't expect to get through the list this year.
  • One Toyota Oakland: MSRP, also has a waiting list and requires a deposit.

Dealers that are marking up:
  • The infamous Dublin Toyota: $10k markup.
  • Putnam Toyota: $10k markup for now, expect to drop to MSRP as some point.
  • Autonation Toyota Hayward: $9k markup. (Said MSRP until they got an allocation, then demanded a markup.)
  • Fremont Toyota: not selling at MSRP, I'm not sure exactly what the markup is, I haven't gotten a straight answer.
  • Milpitas Toyota: TBD -- no markups listed on the web page, but they are kind of infamous for markups. A couple years ago between market adjustment, required add ons, and optional (but not really optional) add ons they had $25k markups on RAV4's. Maybe they've changed tactics?
Edit: I followed up with Milpitas Toyota and could not get a straight answer on pricing, which probably means over MSRP either with a markup or with mandatory dealer add ons.

As of this week, Fremont Toyota is asking $10K markup BUT will drop to MSRP quickly if they think you're a serious buyer, so play hardball and be willing to walk away! When I called, they started at $10K, dropped to $5K within minutes, and ultimately called back towards the end of the day offering MSRP if I went in same day.

For SF Bay Area, I would add Toyota 101 and Toyota Sunnyvale to the MSRP list. I have been on the wait list at Walnut Creek and One Toyota - One Toyota only has 33 people on the wait list as of last week but not a big fan of their sales staff, and if you have a trade in you are allowed to jump the line. If you are not already on a wait list at a bay area MSRP dealer, a good option is to just buy out of state - not too hard to find MSRP if you are willing to travel.

Toyota Sunnyvale had one come in this morning 8/8 (maybe more) that's not spoken for. Last Friday they had 2 sitting on the lot that were available and just now their website lists 3 more. Ask for Nakul -- he's new but very sweet.

Last edited:
Washington

Renton, which posts it up on the Toyota search page so it's obvious.
Bellevue, which doesn't. They had a LC Prem in build available. I could put my name on it, with 5K market up and 2K nonrefundable.

Edmark Toyota in Nampa Idaho has had several at msrp I think they have 4 1958 and one Lc trim right now. I bought mine from them and it was msrp with no pressure from the finance guys about any add one.

Groove Toyota, South of Denver, had a menu of options to add related to paint protection, wheel locks, etc. that you could select all/some/none on. Also had a dealer handling fee. At close had options for a various warranty and maintenance plans that were mildly pressured but not forced.

Inventory and pricing was true to their online Smart Path availability.

I've heard Mountain States Toyota North of Denver is an MSRP dealer but their inventory online never matched up with what they said they had on the phone so I gave up working with them.

I know not everyone can be so picky, but basically if the inventory and pricing isnt completely transparent online - call for pricing - I won't deal with them.

I'd expect a dealer handling fee in the range of $500 that may or may not be negotiable from most sellers. Every dealer add on seemed to have a secret lower price as well when I said what I like but had more of a 1958 budget when buying the LC base.

I can confirm Mountain States Toyota doesnโ€™t have accurate inventory reflected on their site.

Phillips Toyota, Leesburg FL. had a blue/gray LC trim with premium package under MSRP on their website. That one is spoken for; I put down a deposit on it today. Maybe they have others.

A note about their website: the "click to unluck lower price" button is legit. After I put in my contact number it revealed the under-MSRP price which they honored.

If you contact them, call Abner Velez. He was great to work with.

Back