๐Ÿ› ๏ธ Member Build LC Premium/Meteor Shower Modifications

Member Build

ChillLC

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 21, 2024
Media
California
Hello,
I find it very helpful when others share their build outs and modifications, so I thought I would do the same.
Background: The usage of my vehicle will be only 5% off road, with the rest a mix of highway and in-town driving. However, I do like a rugged look to my vehicles so I invest accordingly. I only tow a utility trailer occasionally. I need to be able to throw a sheet of plywood, lumber and ladders on top for the endless home projects.

Below is a picture of my starting point:
LC Premium Package with 20" wheels, cargo mat, door edge guards. Meteor Shower with black interior

Here are the current plans to customize my rig (not necessarily in order):
EXTERIOR:
1. Full front PPF (including front quarter panels and A pillar) with ceramic coating on remainder of vehicle. Remove IMAX badge from rear door. (DONE)
2. Replace 20" inch wheels with 18" black stock rims from an FE and mount 265/70/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T4s. (DONE)
3. Replace wheel center caps with bronze "TOYOTA" caps (DONE)
4. Replace stock roof rack with full length rack (on order from Greenlane Offroad)
5. Replace stock running boards with step/sliders (on order from Greenlane Offroad)
6. Paint or wrap the silver front and back valences in black to match rest of bumper

INTERIOR:
7. 3D-printed tray for cooling box (in progress)
8. Find a more comfortable elbow rest for driver's door. The stock padding is insufficient on long drives.
9. Back seat cover to protect upholstery from pets and kids (DONE)
10. See if I can find a way to "hinge" the rear storage compartment lid. It is a PIA right now as it always comes off when you open it.

I am just starting on this journey and will provide updates as things progress.
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Cheers

This is where I started:
20240815_134932.jpg

This is where I am now:
20240823_132223.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. That looks like a solid path you are on. We just got the meteor shower LC this week and are getting dialed into mods to make. The member build forum is super helpful. We had full PPF front & pillars as you have done. Had all of the windows and windshield tinted ceramic with Xcel full XR plus. That is it so far.

Baby got a new set of shoes today!
Last week I received a set of black FE rims from a guy in the LA area...they were takeoffs and had zero miles on them. They had been taken off at the dealership (the owner went with BBS forged TRD wheels). Two of them even still had the factory plastic on them, but this turned out to be an issue since they had been sitting out in the sun, I guess, and the adhesive from the plastic protector had penetrated the matte finish of the rims - my detailer could not get it all out. But the remnants are hardly noticeable.
20240817_145858.jpg

Today it was time to put rubber on them and went with the Falken WP A/T4w's in 265/70R/18.
I also changed out those shiny center caps for the bronze ones as so many others are doing with their meteors.
I kept the black chrome lug nuts as they look almost bronze next to the center caps.
Instantly a more rugged look and feel.... very pleased.
Now the long wait for my Greenlane sliders and rack! (should be a few weeks)
20240823_132223.jpg

Reactions: MJE
Found adequate covers for the back seats and cargo area/seat backs on Amazon.
Went with this for the rear seats in regular size: Rear Seat Cover
And this for the cargo area: Cargo Cover
I like that the cargo liner has a bumper protector.
The split nature of the seat cover helps when folding seats up and down... in this case you'll need to leave the narrower side unzipped.

These are not perfect custom solutions but they appear to be well made and tough enough for dog's paws and granddaughters' car seats!

20240819_142134.jpg

20240824_081612.jpg

20240824_081801.jpg

20240824_081358.jpg

20240824_081643.jpg

Attachments

• 20240824_081625.jpg
    20240824_081625.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 44
Thank you - considering the rear doors do not open fully, how is your dog able to climb up the rear seat? Or does he climb through the hatch?

Back