Landcruiser Badge (Rear) In Grey

Esquire

📛 Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I am waiting for a black LC and don’t care for the black Landcruiser badge on the rear.

Has anyone come across a grey Landcruiser badge or is there a good way to make this grey?

I am waiting for a black LC and don’t care for the black Landcruiser badge on the rear.

Has anyone come across a grey Landcruiser badge or is there a good way to make this grey?
Plastidip. Super easy.

Attachments

• 20240817_160131.jpg
    20240817_160131.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 105

Hi, I painted mine. I’m making my 1958 look like a base utility trim. I tried to make the emblem chrome but it turned out more like grey…

Attachments

• IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7747.jpeg
    IMG_7747.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 80
What actually is plastidip? I've never had it done. Does it look factory and hold up well? Do body shops do it?

What actually is plastidip? I've never had it done. Does it look factory and hold up well? Do body shops do it?
Plastidip comes in a spray can like spray paint and is used in a similar manner. Available in a few different colors that I know of. If you take your time it can come out great and withstand many many car washes. I have blacked out Toyota emblems on my 4 runner and it basically lasted until I stripped it off which was 4-5 years. It strips off similarly to caulking and goo gone helps if it’s a little stubborn. I prep the can by putting it in warm water for 1/2 hour or so before spraying. Follow directions on the can and you’ll be fine.

Plastidip comes in a spray can like spray paint and is used in a similar manner. Available in a few different colors that I know of. If you take your time it can come out great and withstand many many car washes. I have blacked out Toyota emblems on my 4 runner and it basically lasted until I stripped it off which was 4-5 years. It strips off similarly to caulking and goo gone helps if it’s a little stubborn. I prep the can by putting it in warm water for 1/2 hour or so before spraying. Follow directions on the can and you’ll be fine.
Thank you for the explanation. So it is basically a plastic/rubber compound that is sprayed on. Appreciate it.

Hi, I painted mine. I’m making my 1958 look like a base utility trim. I tried to make the emblem chrome but it turned out more like grey…
Edited to Say:
Never mind my questions below. My Wind Chill Pearl already has black lettering on a white background. It stands out just fine and looks great!
I love the look. Can you share your technique?

1. How did you remove the emblem?
2. What kind of paint did you use? Any primer?
3. Did you scuff-up the letters with sand paper to make the paint stick better?
4. How many coats did you apply?
5. How did you re-attach the emblem? Using the same tape or new tape?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back