Land Cruisers are easily stolen.

Our LC is my wife’s daily driver, and I drive it very little.

Would you care to elaborate on the last sentence of your post?
Toyota’s app has a digital key feature, allowing you to use your phone as a key, just like the key fob with proximity functionality. The only thing I don’t like is that there is no way to power open the liftgate; it can only unlock it. ALSO THE APP IS SLIGHTLY BUGGY AND HAS IMPROVED SINCE LAST UPDATE.

This company makes kill switches for other toyota models, but no other 2024's listed yet.

I tried a few things for blocking the radio signal between my key fob and my vehicle.

What worked: single layer aluminum foil wrap and an RFID blocking pouch off amazon. The aluminum foil turns out to be better than the pouch which is too tight, bulky, and inconvenient.

What did not work: an EZPASS RFID blocking bag. That surprised me.

I tried a few things for blocking the radio signal between my key fob and my vehicle.

What worked: single layer aluminum foil wrap and an RFID blocking pouch off amazon. The aluminum foil turns out to be better than the pouch which is too tight, bulky, and inconvenient.

I guess nobody saw this but you can just do this Key Signal Theft Deterrent. Toyota built in a feature exactly for that into the remote

Or you could just put the fob to sleep........... Press on hold the lock button, while holding the lock button down, press the unlock button twice. The Led should blink 4 times.

Pressing any button on the fob wakes it up.....ie "unlock"

Back