Land Cruiser Trim headlight swap to First Edition Lights

Kuze

📛 Founding Member
Feb 18, 2024
Media
San Francisco CA
Hi All -
I hope you're well. I wanted to see if anyone has actually swapped LC trim rectangular headlights with the Round FE headlights?
All I have seen on here is that it is "possible" but no one has come forward to say they've done it and it was easy or not.
Please let me know! Thank you.

Hi All -
I hope you're well. I wanted to see if anyone has actually swapped LC trim rectangular headlights with the Round FE headlights?
All I have seen on here is that it is "possible" but no one has come forward to say they've done it and it was easy or not.
Please let me know! Thank you.
after some confirmation on other threads here, these are plug and play swaps. That said, if you’re looking to swap your squares for my rounds, lmk!

after some confirmation on other threads here, these are plug and play swaps. That said, if you’re looking to swap your squares for my rounds, lmk!
Would love to. Are your round ones FE round or 1958 round? I am in northern CA, where are you at?

Would love to. Are your round ones FE round or 1958 round? I am in northern CA, where are you at?
My understanding is that the 1958 and FE rounds are the same. I’m in VA, but willing to ship mine out and cover your shipping to send yours here. LMK. I’ll also take a look at the extraction and installation process when i get mine home from the dealer on Monday evening. Seems like it should be a lot easier than 3rd gen Tacoma light installation 🤮

My understanding is that the 1958 and FE rounds are the same. I’m in VA, but willing to ship mine out and cover your shipping to send yours here. LMK. I’ll also take a look at the extraction and installation process when i get mine home from the dealer on Monday evening. Seems like it should be a lot easier than 3rd gen Tacoma light installation 🤮
That sounds like a deal to me. I will let you know once I have my LC in possession.

Marcus Umlauff told me at OverlandExpo PNW that the wiring harness is different for the round lights, but he said that after talking about how many component parts on the LC are plug-n-play.

Marcus Umlauff told me at OverlandExpo PNW that the wiring harness is different for the round lights, but he said that after talking about how many component parts on the LC are plug-n-play.
I called the General Manager at a local dealer near me and he is going to find out for me if it is Plug N' Play, Cost, and If it requires a different wiring harness. He said he will get back to me today. Will update you all!

I did some recon under the hood and i think a headlight swap is going to be a bear. I’ll have to wait until someone way smarter than me posts the walk-through

@kruising and All -
The Dealership got back to me. They put an FE and LC side by side and a Service Parts guy took a look and confirmed the wiring harness is the same and it appears to be Plug N' Play. Which Kind of makes sense. They wouldn't create a separate harness for just the LC trim.
OH and FORGOT, the set is $3,000! LOL they are NUTS!

Another Dealership got back to me and it is saying a completely different thing that it may be a custom job and it would be considered as a "modification", etc... Telling me no one has asked us about this ever.
IMG_9997.jpg

This is from San Francisco Toyota.

I think I am going to have to wait until someone actually does this. I will however ask for documentation on how to install and reinstall from the dealership on Saturday.

Two people in the same area with round and rectangle headlights need to meet up and compare the plugs in each truck for science. I'm still waiting on mine (and I also have the ones I want) but I'm very curious about this. I can't believe there would be two different kinds of plugs knowing how the Japanese are all about efficiency in their factories.

Two people in the same area with round and rectangle headlights need to meet up and compare the plugs in each truck for science. I'm still waiting on mine (and I also have the ones I want) but I'm very curious about this. I can't believe there would be two different kinds of plugs knowing how the Japanese are all about efficiency in their factories.
I’m with you and had the same exact thoughts 2 out 3 trims have the same but not the LC trim? Impossible given my thoughts too where car manufacturers use same parts for all lines of vehicles.

FWIW, there is a LOT going on under the hood in the neighborhood of the headlights. Lots of electronic stuff unrelated to lighting looks like it needs to be disassembled just to get access. The taco headlight swap was tough, but it was primarily body panel manipulation. I’m sure someone is going to figure it out, but it seems like it will be a rough go.

I am getting my LC trim delivered Tuesday, I had heard early on that the headlight swap was supposed to be doable...guess that's changed now that people are trying.

I am getting my LC trim delivered Tuesday, I had heard early on that the headlight swap was supposed to be doable...guess that's changed now that people are trying.
I saw someone on FB post a pic of their LC LC with round headlights saying it was a plug-n-play swap, but I can't find it now! 😣 I'll keep looking.

This person did it and they said it was a simple plug and play swap? But it is better to get real concrete confirmation rather then passing along potential false info with no pics etc to back it up.

I’m not deterred I’m looking forward to getting diagrams and I’m going for it .

Back