Land Cruiser Sunglasses Holder?!!

Dr. M

📛 Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Media
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
Does anyone know where the sunglasses holder is in the new LC? I have read in several places that there is one. This is a feature I love and would miss it if there isn’t one. Also, it appears as though there is no longer the double sun visor in the LC. I loved that about my 1999 Land Cruiser. Looking forward to hearing your replies. Thanks!! Dr. M

Toyota literature says it includes one. At least in the FE.

I just went out to look. I don't see anything that opens up there.
IMG_9223.jpeg

Is there anything in the center dash? My Tahoe has one to the right of the touch screen, a little door that slides open that I hadn't noticed at first because I was looking up top where it had been in my prior vehicles.

Is there anything in the center dash? My Tahoe has one to the right of the touch screen, a little door that slides open that I hadn't noticed at first because I was looking up top where it had been in my prior vehicles.
I looked all over down there with no luck.

IMG_1869.jpeg

Please see the photo above. Last line states that all 3 trim levels have sunglasses storage. Any thoughts from those of you who have taken delivery? Thanks!!

Last edited:
That would be more than a “typo” in my view. It would be, “over promise, under deliver.” 😎

On my old Sienna (2007), the sunglass holder was integrated into the roof-liner above the driver door. There was no grab handle though.

There is a nice sill on the front doors of my 2020 4Runner ORP I use to hold sunglasses in a triangular case. Pretty handy but gone in the new LC as are the orientation bumps on the inside of the steering wheel from what I can tell. All LCs are simply ghosts around here. Have not seen one yet...

Does anyone know where the sunglasses holder is in the new LC? I have read in several places that there is one. This is a feature I love and would miss it if there isn’t one. Also, it appears as though there is no longer the double sun visor in the LC. I loved that about my 1999 Land Cruiser. Looking forward to hearing your replies. Thanks!! Dr. M
This is pretty normal these days, as more and more electronic systems find their way into that area. Last 3 cars I purchased do not have sunglasses holders in the center roof console area.

The Landcruiser is not about the holders ! It is about the colour. If you like the available colour go buy it, no matter the price ! :unsure:
Gofer blue

Mine is Meteor Shower.

Do sunglasses fit in the compartment on the steering wheel? Thread on the Land Cruiser reddit forum complaining about the design since you can't wrap your hand around the center part of the wheel. Curious what owner's experience has been or thoughts on this design.
Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 5.02.11 PM.png

Last edited:
I don't think that is a compartment, but rather where an airbag resides... Must be a pre-production photo, as the leather cover appears to be a very loose fit.

Back