Land Cruiser i-force max AC inverter to charge Ecoflow Delta

what_have_they_done

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 6, 2024
Media
USA
Vehicles
2020 Tacoma 2.7L 4x4, 2024 4runner TRDORP
Did anybody charge their battery pack from the AC plug in the hybrid 250?

In 4runners 400w inverters are not pure sine wave so the power bank safety shutoff is triggered. Would be awesome to be able to charge at 800W and not need to install separate ecoflow inverter.

It would be a lot more efficient to charge it over DC -- if you use the AC outlet it'c converting DC to AC and then AC to DC, with power loses at both steps.

Having said that, if anyone local wants to measure the waveform, stop by any I'll bring out my oscilloscope.

It would be a lot more efficient to charge it over DC -- if you use the AC outlet it'c converting DC to AC and then AC to DC, with power loses at both steps.

Having said that, if anyone local wants to measure the waveform, stop by any I'll bring out my oscilloscope.
Not enough DC watts easily available in the vehicle. Thats why ecoflow now sells a $600 alternator charger. It will be very disappointing the the LC inverter can't charge batteries.

The LC inverter does run the EGO fast battery charger without complaint.

DC works fine in any car but it's usually around 50-100w and takes 9 hours to charge, from wall outlet it takes 1 hour to charge at about 1000w. So 2400w AC in LC sounds pretty good if it's a pure sine wave.

Yes, just finished a 1500 mile trip from NC to Miami, ecoflow powering fridge, and inverter to ecoflow. No problem. Overnight and when vehicle was off the ecoflow kept the fridge running of course, and when I started driving again it will replenish the ecoflow. 5 days trip

Yes, just finished a 1500 mile trip from NC to Miami, ecoflow powering fridge, and inverter to ecoflow. No problem. Overnight and when vehicle was off the ecoflow kept the fridge running of course, and when I started driving again it will replenish the ecoflow. 5 days trip

Nice. Toyotas previous "400W" inverter was only 100W when driving. So the LC inverter is a big step up.

A rather weird thought is that the generator/inverter could provide substantial engine-like braking on a long mountain downhill. All the watts put through the inverter no longer need to be dissipated by the brakes.

Which Ecoflow do you have and how long did it take to top off and what was your battery % left when you started driving?

I have two Delta Pros with 2 battery expansions for both. These are for home use and not camping. Since that is a lot to top off when the panels are not fast enough I also bought the Ecoflow alternator charger. I am thinking about getting the Delta Max for camping.

Researching now, what do you use your Ecoflow for?

Researching now, what do you use your Ecoflow for?
I have a setup in my 80 series with solar panels and the RiverflowPro 720, powers fridge, and anything else I used on long trips. Itโ€™s a small generator and fills up fast, from 63% to 100% on the 2400w inverter took a little over an hour

One thing to think about with ecoflow is the higher cycle life if charged with DC compared to AC. I got the ecoflow RiverPro because it can charge fast on AC if I have to, but it will live longer if I can DC charge it when I have the time. On long trips DC charging keeps up really well when just using a iceco portable frig.

Was camping in my tacoma this summer for 5 stationary days, fridge lasted 3 days on Ecoflow in 90F inside bear box, on 4th day I had to plug in solar panel that fed 150W it barely kept up, then had to dc charge it for 2 hours to get 20% in for fridge to make it overnight. So yeah being able to ac charge it uptown 50% would be super useful, otherwise while driving DC is good!

Was this in 2024 cruiser ?

Back