Land Cruiser Fuel Tank Capacity

I've had my 58 for 2,700 miles now and combined City/Highway I am getting 19.1.
For pure highway driving tests, I have taken 6 trips for 225 nonstop HWY miles, fill-up to fill-up at exit ramp stations. Newest to Oldest dispay readings, On 4 of them I measured and I have gotten 20.7MPG and 20.8 MPG, 20.1 and 19.9MPG. This is Eco mode, Stock Tires, Cruise control set at 75MPG - Outside temps 80 and above. I am not pleased with the mileage. Especially coming from a tuned Diesel Grand Cherokee with 29MPG HWY. This weekend I am going to do my old fashioned actual Odometer miles traveled vs gallons pumped into the tank.

I’m at 200 miles and 20.1mpg and 70% of that is interstate driving in Eco mode with cruise control at 70. Hoping after the “break-in period” it goes up a little more. Stock tires.

I've had my 58 for 2,700 miles now and combined City/Highway I am getting 19.1.
For pure highway driving tests, I have taken 6 trips for 225 nonstop HWY miles, fill-up to fill-up at exit ramp stations. Newest to Oldest dispay readings, On 4 of them I measured and I have gotten 20.7MPG and 20.8 MPG, 20.1 and 19.9MPG. This is Eco mode, Stock Tires, Cruise control set at 75MPG - Outside temps 80 and above. I am not pleased with the mileage. Especially coming from a tuned Diesel Grand Cherokee with 29MPG HWY. This weekend I am going to do my old fashioned actual Odometer miles traveled vs gallons pumped into the tank.
thanks - in your travels, do you agree that there remain about 2 gallons in tank after “mileage remaining” reading on dash hits zero?

Following up - still havent been able to get the average above 16mpg. Run in eco mode have been babying it as much as I possibly can. Will be traveling to FL this week from TX so will get some good highway mileage.

I’m at 200 miles and 20.1mpg and 70% of that is interstate driving in Eco mode with cruise control at 70. Hoping after the “break-in period” it goes up a little more. Stock tires.
I thought we weren’t supposed to use cruise control for extended driving at constant speed during the break in period.

Does anyone know the best way to get all the fuel out of the tank, so I can replace it with ethanol free fuel? Would it hurt to let it run out of fuel, and then pour in the E0 fuel?

I thought we weren’t supposed to use cruise control for extended driving at constant speed during the break in period.
I don’t think there is anything about cruise control for break in. That’s why I kept it at 70 and not 75-80 for my speed. Can’t help but drive on the interstate sometimes.

Just did a whack of highways driving in a 1958 with the stock Yokohama Geolandars, which are a very street worthy tire. Averaged 23.9 mpg over roughly 2600 miles (90% highway) using strictly 91 Octane. This was about what I expected, and I’m prepared for a 10-15% dip with a more aggressive tire. And of course I picked up my first rock chip!

EPA estimated milage is tested in a windless room at 55mph, which are considered ideal conditions. If you're going above 55mph, or there's a slight breeze, or any of a hundred other variables, you won't hit the EPA estimates. I don't think I've ever owned any vehicle that got within 10% of the EPA estimate.

thanks - in your travels, do you agree that there remain about 2 gallons in tank after “mileage remaining” reading on dash hits zero?
I've been refilling once tank is down to between 1/2 and 1/4. I haven't gotten far low enough, but dealer told me there was a 2 gallon reserve. When full, the range on the DID is 306-312.

Back