Land Cruiser Fuel Tank Capacity

BokenCruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jun 22, 2024
Media
Hoboken
Vehicles
LC 2024
Alright, maybe someone can help. I have an FE, I’m enjoying it but gas mileage isn’t close to the Toyota suggested avg of 23mpg (19mpg on stock tires so far) at nearly 1500 miles on city + highway. Hopefully this will improve but maybe there’s something I’m missing to improve efficiency. Also, full tank has range of 303 miles at 19mpg, which is just under 16 gallons. Maybe I read incorrectly but wasn’t Toyota’s stated LC fuel capacity 17.9?

Attachments

• DC06AD4C-829E-4DC7-A696-2AA8792A596E.jpeg
    DC06AD4C-829E-4DC7-A696-2AA8792A596E.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 133
I'm getting the same MPG. Stock FE, ECO mode with Costco Premium gas (while at home). NC humid summer air.

Although, on a recent mountain trip it improved to 19.6 MPG total average. Working the engine hard over the passes may have helped to break it in a bit more... ~3k miles on the odometer now.

Last edited:
Same issue. I have only had mine for a couple of weeks but I am at the gas station every few days. Getting nowhere near advertised. Riding on stock tires in Eco mode.

Alright, maybe someone can help. I have an FE, I’m enjoying it but gas mileage isn’t close to the Toyota suggested avg of 23mpg (19mpg on stock tires so far) at nearly 1500 miles on city + highway. Hopefully this will improve but maybe there’s something I’m missing to improve efficiency. Also, full tank has range of 303 miles at 19mpg, which is just under 16 gallons. Maybe I read incorrectly but wasn’t Toyota’s stated LC fuel capacity 17.9?
Most toyotas hold a decent chunk as "reserve" that aren't calculated in the total range. My Tundra had 4 gallons reserve. With zero miles left on the range, I would fill up about 28 gallons on a 32 gallon tank.

Most toyotas hold a decent chunk as "reserve" that aren't calculated in the total range. My Tundra had 4 gallons reserve. With zero miles left on the range, I would fill up about 28 gallons on a 32 gallon tank.
Interesting. Thanks for the response. So the extra 2 gallons in reserve, at 19mpg, would take total range from 303 to 340. My girlfriend will love when I test this out during our next trip

Just chatted with another LC FE owner here in Austin and he said he’s getting ~18mpg and was pretty dissatisfied as well. I wouldn’t mind as much if we had a larger tank but sub 18 with a 17.9 gallon tank is rough. The reported mileage was a big reason for me going with the LC over the GX.

Definitely the biggest gripe I have is fuel capacity. I'm getting around 21 mpg and I'm on the 20 inch rims. Mostly eco mode but some normal and sport. After a fill up it says I have about 300 miles range using premium fuel.

Does anyone know if there is room for a larger (GX 550) or aux tank system?

Biggest issue so far with new LC is range anxiety which is disappointing for a non-EV.

If MPG was 21+, I would be less concerned.

Does anyone know if there is room for a larger (GX 550) or aux tank system?

Biggest issue so far with new LC is range anxiety which is disappointing for a non-EV.

If MPG was 21+, I would be less concerned.
Aux tank needs to be pressurized in Hybrid. Please do some research before modification

After resetting the tripmeter when i picked up the vehicle (LC with Premium package, 18 inch tires), i'm getting around 20.6. Most highway miles from Dallas to San Antonio. Have about 800 miles on the odometer so far. All driving were in Normal mode.
Premium gas only.
Not very impressed on the mpg so far.

That seems really low for a hybrid/advertised. Maybe there's a fault with the hybrid battery?

23mpg here with a pretty consistent mix of town and highway driving....and that's on 265/65r18 Ridge Grapplers. About 340 miles to the tank. Wish it were more? Yes. About the same as my old Tacoma? Also yes.

23mpg here with a pretty consistent mix of town and highway driving....and that's on 265/65r18 Ridge Grapplers. About 340 miles to the tank. Wish it were more? Yes. About the same as my old Tacoma? Also yes.
Thanks for sharing

Appreciate the realistic comparison.

Back