Land Cruiser Detailing

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 8, 2023
Media
I need some inspiration, so let's see your detailing setup! :cool:

I know there are some nice wall mount systems out there, and I've also seen some cool detailing cart builds. I'm considering doing a detailing cart instead of a dedicated wall system, but I would like to hear some pros and cons. Here are a couple of nice cart builds that I have seen.

You, sir, like to live dangerously! :ROFLMAO:

My OCD doesn't allow me to mix my wheel and tire brake dust water with the same water I use to clean the rest of the vehicle. I've gotta have at least 2-3 buckets to ease my mind. It's a sickness.
I do drivers side of vehicle, then scrub drivers side tires, toss water, refill, do passenger side. Front and back get done before just before tires. We all have some kind of system.

My system is tricky......... I have to line up the tires in the rails of the automatic car wash. I have a subscription that allows me one wash per day. My vehicles have never stayed so clean and shiny!.
Happy with that? Iโ€™ve been considering one that is touch less near my house. This after I just spent three hours washing mud off my car.

Very happy with it. It's not touchless so I opted for the "works" which includes the ceramic wax. I was worried at first about the swirls/micro scratches etc.... but I've been using it on the Taco for over a year and have yet to see any swirls/micro scratches etc......... The chain is in many states and my subscription is good at any of them. I used to wash the Taco maybe once a month which led to once in awhile which led to if I was going on a trip. Now every time I leave the driveway it gets washed, waxed and dried.

Anyone take it seriously enough to use a Deionized Water System - Spotless Car Wash Kit, Filtered Water. Not afraid of spending some dough on a good system. RV people and boat people likely use them so I thought Id ask. Back in the day I used a Mr. Clean brand car wash gun that had a filter in it for when you rinse and It was very impressive how little water spotting there was using a filtered rinse. After a fresh ceramic coating I just kinda want to extend its life and after quick drive to dry it off after this mornings rain I was impressed with the results. I'm no stranger to good detail tools. Wish I hadnt discovered Tornador tools =) Tools

Anyone take it seriously enough to use a Deionized Water System - Spotless Car Wash Kit, Filtered Water. Not afraid of spending some dough on a good system. RV people and boat people likely use them so I thought Id ask. Back in the day I used a Mr. Clean brand car wash gun that had a filter in it for when you rinse and It was very impressive how little water spotting there was using a filtered rinse. After a fresh ceramic coating I just kinda want to extend its life and after quick drive to dry it off after this mornings rain I was impressed with the results. I'm no stranger to good detail tools. Wish I hadnt discovered Tornador tools =) Tools

Yes sir. Lots of detailers do as well.

Iโ€™d love to find a decent water system. My towns water supply is from a spring so we all know how that water is.

any recommendations on brands? quality? Do i need to drop $400 or better to get a good one?
I bougt this one buts its big and heavy....CR Spotless water systems conversion kit
I'd probably research a little more to find smaller more portable one next time. I saw one detailer that had a couple of cartridges attached to his wash cart that looked pretty user friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back