Is there a recommended ‘undercoating’ to use on these trucks.

In Houston we have a company called Dry Ice Detailing pros and they use an industrial 10 year ceramic coat. Check them out on IG. I believe they have locations in Atlanta as well.

I am starting to wonder about rust myself. I’ve noticed that a lot of the welds on the frame aren’t fully covered with paint. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m planning on doing a pass with POR15 (I’ve never used it before but it seems to be well reviewed).

I think Toyota sprays inside the frame at their factory to prevent rust. Some of the holes in the frame have white stuff that ozzzed out.
Yes they do I'm not sure if its the whole frame, certain areas or what not. I think its in the Car care Nut video

POR15 is the best DIY on the market..... IMO.

Be careful when applying, it's really runny and gets everywhere.

For those of us in the snow/salt-belt, is there any evidence that frequent car washes (especially the undercarriage) is a good way to prevent rust?

For those of us in the snow/salt-belt, is there any evidence that frequent car washes (especially the undercarriage) is a good way to prevent rust?
I live in NJ sort of snow but definitely salt on the roads. My 07 FJ had no issues, kept for 6 years. The ‘13 Tacoma I had till literally 2 weeks ago no issues. It had a recall check and a coating from the dealer but again no issues. One thing I did with both was powered washed the underside a few times each year. Did it help? I guess I never had an issue. I do know there are worse geographical locations for salt and snow. Like I said seemed to work for me but the winters here are certainly not as harsh as other places, or as they used to be. We certainly don’t get the snow we used to.

In the winter it’s mostly cold and dry here, which aren’t the worst conditions for rust. In the spring when things start to warm up and get wet, it’s recommended to clean off the winter’s salt accumulation. A fresh oil spray application should happen after cleaning.

Back