Inventory Update?

Esquire

📛 Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I am still patiently waiting for my black LC.

Dealers keep claiming there are no allocations and no inventory.

What are people finding in reality? I see a lot of them on Autotrader, etc.

In the same boat, albeit not black. Not sure if to blame the dealer or, Toyota, i.e. special orders are a thing of the past. I think a combination of both. And yes, I see them cropping up on dealer lots, even FE's, but too distant.

Dealers here in Denver get allocations and inventory about every 2 weeks. I'm on the list at Mountain States and went from 14th to 7th over the weekend. I would expand your search radius and you may need to travel if your local dealer is saying no allocations.

Dealers here in Denver get allocations and inventory about every 2 weeks. I'm on the list at Mountain States and went from 14th to 7th over the weekend. I would expand your search radius and you may need to travel if your local dealer is saying no allocations.
I've been No. 2 on "the list" at Des Moines Toyota since late May. They claim to be the largest dealer in the world, however, have yet to even receive a white one apparently.

I am tempted to switch my deposit to another dealer or just hit the pavement and just accept the fact I'll have to fly in somewhere and drive it back home to Omaha.

I am attempting to look on the bright side, i.e. ours may end up being a 2025, with most bugs worked out, and heck, they might even offer the power running boards we need, plus decent off-roading tires.

I am attempting to look on the bright side, i.e. ours may end up being a 2025, with most bugs worked out, and heck, they might even offer the power running boards we need, plus decent off-roading tires.
That's probably the smartest thing to do. It's not as though I am walking now. Have two cars. Good things come to those who wait.....

I had an interesting experience last weekend where there was no available allocation in the next 1-2 releases. But when I wrote a deposit check I insisted it be refundable lest I find an allocation elsewhere.

The sales rep came back downstairs from the manager’s office having suddenly found an allocation for November delivery, if I would make the deposit binding. It was for Heritage and I’d hoped for Meteor, but I like Heritage enough that I moved forward.

Moral of the story seems to be that as much as we want to and often can avoid the dealer interaction experience these days, sometimes it pays to get your hands dirty.

They claim to be the largest dealer in the world, however, have yet to even receive a white one apparently.
Mountain States here in Denver claims to be the #1 Volume Dealer in Colorado. Does anyone know where you can validate claims like that?

I had an interesting experience last weekend where there was no available allocation in the next 1-2 releases. But when I wrote a deposit check I insisted it be refundable lest I find an allocation elsewhere.

The sales rep came back downstairs from the manager’s office having suddenly found an allocation for November delivery, if I would make the deposit binding. It was for Heritage and I’d hoped for Meteor, but I like Heritage enough that I moved forward.

Moral of the story seems to be that as much as we want to and often can avoid the dealer interaction experience these days, sometimes it pays to get your hands dirty.

Mountain States here in Denver claims to be the #1 Volume Dealer in Colorado. Does anyone know where you can validate claims like that?
I believe every dealer in every city across the nation claims to be the biggest dealer. I'm beginning to believe car dealers have a tendency to tell a fib or two.

I believe every dealer in every city across the nation claims to be the biggest dealer. I'm beginning to believe car dealers have a tendency to tell a fib or two.
In fact, the dealer in my story made that exact claim, they are a dealer in Colorado, and they are not Mountain States Toyota!

In fact, the dealer in my story made that exact claim, they are a dealer in Colorado, and they are not Mountain States Toyota!
The only dealer that I've talked with and visit frequently is in Lake Okoboji, IA. They admit to being the smallest dealer in the country....as they are in a town of 10,000 lake people and have on avg 12 Toyotas on their lot. Awesome dealer by the way.

I released a Heritage Blue w/Premium Package and 20" wheels at Pappas Toyota today. It may be available for immediate purchase. I ended up with the same ride from a different dealer yesterday. Salesman is Tim Scanlan --> he's good.

I'm in western Canada and just finished looking up dealers within a 3-4 hour drive. If their websites are to be believed, at least 6 dealers have multiple units available. Must be a regional thing?

Last edited:
There's a bunch of black ones throughout Florida. I'm guessing there's a lot more interested parties out west to compete with. I walked on a lot and got my LC with some mild negotiation in FL. When I got my Taco in Denver there was no wiggle room and I had to wait in line 😬.

Black in FL....black is hot......hummm. Interesting. I wanted black and could not find one here in VA.

Recommend anyone else in the Denver area get with Mountain states. Picked mine up week after the 4th of July. The inventory has slowed down from what I’ve seen. Couple co workers got theirs about a week ago from mountain states a week ahead of schedule. I’m wondering when it will roll to MY 2025 and if maybe that’s one of the reasons for slowing inventory.

Which one are you looking for ? I have a 1958 in transit black available I work in Chicago I got my LC in heritage blue

I’ve been talking to a couple dealers and got super specific/picky about what I wanted in part because they were getting lots of allocations to choose from. The last two allocations they’ve each gotten one at most, and Toyota skipped a week for Labor Day. Lots and then almost nothing the last five weeks. I’m in no hurry so I don’t mind, but there certainly seems to be a slowdown in the supply. Maybe Toyota decided there were too many sitting at dealers already and they had other vehicles to build?

Probably doing plant maintenance and implementing whatever changes are in store for 2025 model year production. Maybe dialing in some new colors for paint etc.

Unfortunately it looks like I’m out on the new LC due to one of our vehicles needing to be replaced on short notice after a collision. There are no parts available to repair it, and eventually the insurance company is going to have to accept that reality and total it.

Back