saratogacoach

📛 Founding Member
Jul 27, 2024
Media
Wilton, NY
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hi,

Just picked up my 2024 Land Cruiser 7/25/24 at the dealer and am on a steep learning curve. Previous 2 Land Cruisers (1994 and 1995) had, to say the least, far less technology.

In the past, driving in a northeast NY area, lots of Winter snow, long weekday trips back and forth to work, (92 mile round trip) my previous Land Cruisers were "life-saving."

Returning to my question: have been reading the manual, checking pictures of dashboard displays. Not sure whether a small orange display on the bottom right is the Proactive Driving Assist (PDA) icon or something else?

So, adding an image. Hoping someone can tell me if this is the PDA icon, which is on, or something else.

Thank you for your help.

IMG_20240727_093011718.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
Congrats, and welcome to the forum saratogacoach! Following, as when our LC arrives I hope to be fully educated. Yes, our 1990 LC was very basic compared to present day. Is that a good thing, or bad?

Interesting. I suppose I’ll never know if any of the systems are malfunctioning because I have to keep PKSB permanently disabled because Toyota forgot bike racks exist. That light is always on for me. 🙄
You may be able to turn off just the rear detection from the center screen. Open the 360-camera options and go into the settings menu, there is an option to adjust detection distance. I am not sure, buy maybe you can specifically turn off the rear detection.

Thank you.

Yes, the PKSB, which was disabled. Turned it on.

Slowly but surely, learning the "intricacies" of this technologically-advanced Land Cruiser.

As someone self-taught in programming software apps, coding, difficult for me to argue against advancing technology. :)

Quick reference Manuel page 8 and 9

Attachments

• IMG_0343.png
    IMG_0343.png
    290 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0342.png
    IMG_0342.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 93
Yes, driver assist information center icon was what was displaying. The info displayed was that the PKSB was disabled. Found the location for the switch in the manual, turned it on.

Appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Much improved understanding of how this info system works, now.

I’m on week 2 of my LC LC and have been pulling out the remaining hair follicles trying to figure out these symbols and what acronyms are associated. This thread is awesome.
Thank you all.. now to turn back on the ones I disabled
I definitely didn’t teach myself how to code 😂

I’m currently around 1600miles. I accidentally stumbled on the “Traffic Jam Asst” this last weekend and it made driving in “stop n go” traffic a breeze! Fantastic technology Toyota!
I went from turning off most of the “safety” tech because of the self breaking features to totally embracing them. I’m sure I’ll find a happy medium eventually. Great feature, team LC
IMG_1087.jpeg

I’m currently around 1600miles. I accidentally stumbled on the “Traffic Jam Asst” this last weekend and it made driving in “stop n go” traffic a breeze! Fantastic technology Toyota!
I went from turning off most of the “safety” tech because of the self breaking features to totally embracing them. I’m sure I’ll find a happy medium eventually. Great feature, team LCView attachment 8107
What did it do for you?

Back