Infotainment screen not auto adjusting to ambient light

TumaloCruzer

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 23, 2024
Media
Bend, OR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958
I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this. My infotainment screen brightness is set to automatically adjust to ambient light, and my headlights are set to auto.

In the manual it says that the brightness should change to "night mode" depending on whether the headlights are on or off. But at night my headlights turn on, it's dark outside, yet the infotainment screen remains blindingly bright.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 10.20.56 AM.png

Drove myself crazy for 30 minutes the day I got the car with this exact issue.

It's definitely the highest setting clicked in on that wheel.

I came to post the same thing. IDK if their "auto adjust to time of day and ambient light" still thinks it is in Japan, but to have a dark cabin on the highway at night and then change volume and get hit by this big white bar of light... sucks.

I change to all time night display, and now it is fine.

I came to post the same thing. IDK if their "auto adjust to time of day and ambient light" still thinks it is in Japan, but to have a dark cabin on the highway at night and then change volume and get hit by this big white bar of light... sucks.

I change to all time night display, and now it is fine.
Moving the thumb wheel out of the high notch fixed it for me, but setting it to dark mode is another way to avoid the white screen blindness.

Back