In or around Indiana and want a larger fuel tank?

GX with side mounts. Seems like RotoPAX is scalable and could be more flexible enabling a mix of fuel, water, or accessories depending on the scenario.

Anybody have any experience with them and approximate costs? I would assume about $300-$400 per panel plus $100 per container.

View attachment 15009
Hey everyone. If folks are asking about a Rotopax solution, I saw @PACruiser post a picture of a GX550 with side panels. I’d like to put in my 2 cents. The factory rack kinda sucks so we switched ours out for one from UpTop Overland. The cost of the Kilo Rack is $999 and indeed the Molle Panels they sell are $350 per side.

We have those installed on our setup and right now it’s only holding one Rotopax for the diesel heater fuel, but I could easily add a second next to it if I moved the location a bit and with stacking I can have an additional 9 gallons gas with the 2 gallons we have of diesel

I highly recommend the UpTop hardware! We have a TopOak hard top tent and an OVS 270° awning installed on ours and it’s doing great.

We took it out to Rampart Range CO this past weekend for a shakedown and sanity check, there’s some terrible washboard going through that road and anything that’s loose tends to shake off. This all held on like a champ!

I am still wondering about upgrading the tank though, so I’ll keep that in mind for the future. Anyone know if the diesel 29 gallon tank would work for ours? I don’t know the differences between diesel and gas tanks on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0263.jpeg
    IMG_0263.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hey everyone. If folks are asking about a Rotopax solution, I saw @PACruiser post a picture of a GX550 with side panels. I’d like to put in my 2 cents. The factory rack kinda sucks so we switched ours out for one from UpTop Overland. The cost of the Kilo Rack is $999 and indeed the Molle Panels they sell are $350 per side.

We have those installed on our setup and right now it’s only holding one Rotopax for the diesel heater fuel, but I could easily add a second next to it if I moved the location a bit and with stacking I can have an additional 6 gallons gas with the 2 gallons we have of diesel

I highly recommend their hardware. We have a TopOak hard top tent and an OVS 270° awning installed on ours and it’s doing great.

We took it out to Rampart Range CO this past weekend for a shakedown and sanity check, there’s some terrible washboard going through that road and anything that’s loose tends to shake off. This all held on like a champ!

I am still wondering about upgrading the tank though, so I’ll keep that in mind for the future. Anyone know if the diesel 29 gallon tank would work for ours? I don’t know the differences between diesel and gas tanks on the inside.
Just a guess here ......... Transmission/Xfer case on the diesel is a smaller package.

My days of getting in my car and driving 450 miles non stop are long gone.
Same, but it’s nice to get 300, or if off-roading more than 150. With the mods we’ve done, 300 is long gone 😅.

Last edited:
For me it's the distance between fuel stations, most of the time it's not an issue, but there's a few stretch's between AL and MD that's real sketchy after dark. I'm a leave at 3 in the morning traveler.
Same. Left at 3 am the other day coming back from Colorado after testing it out on some trails and having an extra 150 mile range would be nice at times. Patiently waiting to see what options come along. Not in a hurry to jump at the first option.

For me it's the distance between fuel stations, most of the time it's not an issue, but there's a few stretch's between AL and MD that's real sketchy after dark. I'm a leave at 3 in the morning traveler.
Same here. I don't mind stopping now and again, but I usually don't want to do it at a gas station when I'm forced to and where lots of crime happens.

Back