I’d love to add a fold down tailgate. So disappointing that almost no SUVs have these now.

l00semarble

📛 Founding Member
Sep 12, 2024
Media
Annapolis and Costa Rica
Vehicles
80 diesel, 150 diesel, 250 US spec, Tundra, etc
It’s one of the favorite features of my series 80. It’s an instant seat, picnic table, workbench, shelf, standing platform, etc. I literally use it all the time and my series 150 and 250 don’t have it and it just feels awkward being at the back of the car without a tailgate.

Has anyone ever seen a tailgate mod? Maybe something that flips down after the hatch is open? I know there’s a variety of slide outs but that’s a bit different.

Just something I think about all the time when I’m using the back of the car.

Some kind of hitch mount seems like it could be doable if your handy type. I agree though a clam shell would have been a no brainier on this truck, probably one of my only complaints about the vehicle is the entire hatch (can’t open window from inside? Really??)

Something like this; looks like there’s lots of products. They do all look a bit goofy though

Something like this; looks like there’s lots of products. They do all look a bit goofy though

Thumbs up to the goofy part. So damned overpriced. It's like two fold up chairs glued together without the stands.

Back