Ice Cap vs Wind Chill Pearl Difference ?

Also worth noting that Ice Cap/Super White have a history of paint quality issues. Adhesion issues primarily.

WCP the metallic is finer than other metallics. I read instead of metal flakes it actually uses mica, also read it uses real pearls but I doubt that. WCP is a 3 stage paint where the car is painted white, then a coat of pearl (color), then a clear coat. Ice cap is flat white with probably a clear making it 2 stage. Although some people say there is no clear making it a single stage. WCP is not as bright white as ice cap. The mica refracts light, slowing it down, giving the appearance of different colors at different angles.

Last edited:
The WCP will actually have you doing a double-take the first time you see it. "Is it silver?", "is it white?"

Thank you all for the info. Saw a Meteor shower on the road and thinking it was darker then Wanted.
WCP looks like a great choice.

This is a comparison to my 5th gen in Blizzard Pearl, the WCP definitely has more of a silver hue but I like the way it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_4919.jpeg
    IMG_4919.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 85
This is a comparison to my 5th gen in Blizzard Pearl, the WCP definitely has more of a silver hue but I like the way it looks. Not liking there $4000 markups though. Still waiting till things settle out here in OKC.
Looks like you're at Norton Toyota. Right down the street from me. Not liking their $4000 markups though. Still waiting till things settle out here in OKC.

Looks like you're at Norton Toyota. Right down the street from me. Not liking their $4000 markups though. Still waiting till things settle out here in OKC.
I bought mine from them 3 weeks ago, paid ~2k under MSRP. It took 2.5 hours of negotiating to get there.

Back