I was hoping for 500 miles per tank!

I think more in terms of MPG, but range is important also in the desert SW where we roam. Bringing back distant memories, when we would strap a 50-gallon drum of gasoline in the back of a Jeep J20 pickup and spend a weekend ferreting out abandoned mines and associated structures.

There is a aux fuel tank available that mounts in place of the spare tire. If fuel is most important to you, you could strap the spare to the roof rack.

The tank range is possibly a deal killer for me. I might be bailing on my plans to buy a LC
I have to say - after driving the basically 10mpg earlier yrs LC I was wishing for a long pause bt fill ups. But even on the eco drive I watch the mpg go very quickly.
Interstate drive - 20mpg at best. If there is a way to increase these #s pls speak up!

I will be curious to know if the 21 gallon tank from the GX550 will bolt right into place in the new LC 250? I don’t see why not, given that the hybrid battery is living life inside the cabin above the frame rails.

Might be a worthy mod in the future, and use Toyota OEM parts.

I'm getting 260-270 miles on a full tank, due to big tires. Its frustrating with the small tank.

Right now I easily drive at least 465 miles per tank with my good ole 4Runner.
Which gen 4Runner would this be?? I have a 2020 and lucky to get 500 KM per tank. (Equivalent of 310 miles)

Which gen 4Runner would this be?? I have a 2020 and lucky to get 500 KM per tank. (Equivalent of 310 miles)
2018 G5. I usually get at least 440 miles out of a tank of gas when I commute to and from work every day. There are 40% surface streets and 60% freeways combined. However, I typically cruise at 70 mph. I recently drove 460 miles on a tank while traveling on the interstate and having larger tires now. And it was about 21.8 gallons when I filled it up.

I like the idea but can't locate a part number for the GX550 tank.
I don’t think Lexus Parts has any part numbers up for the GX550. I have been looking for the part numbers for the turbos to see if they’re identical to the Tundra, Sequoia, and LX600.

Lexus claims they’re smaller turbos, just as Toyota does for the Tundra SR… yet a part lookup reveals they are all the exact same part #.

I've never had a vehicle with more than ~300 mile tank range and never felt like I needed more. I guess y'all are doing a lot more out-of-the-way driving than me.
Both our current and previous (hybrid) cars have > 500 mile ranges. When you're driving around/across Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, etc. it's nice not to worry about where the next gas station is. My FJ on the other hand, I'm lucky to go 250 miles between fill ups. The LC will be an improvement, but not as much of an improvement as I was hoping for.

I returned from a road trip driving a 2022 Dodge Durango AWD that I had rented. Although I don't particularly liked the Durango, but getting roughly 560 miles out of a tank was incredible.

Why can't Toyota install the GX tank with 21 Gal or the 2025 4runner tank with 23 Gal in the LC?

I returned from a road trip driving a 2022 Dodge Durango AWD that I had rented. Although I don't particularly liked the Durango, but getting roughly 560 miles out of a tank was incredible.

Why can't Toyota install the GX tank with 21 Gal or the 2025 4runner tank with 23 Gal in the LC?
Probably not room with the battery.

It blows my mind that the LC250's hybrid turbo 4 cylinder has poorer gas mileage than my X7 with the 6 cylinder turbo base engine which gets 25-26mpg easily on the highway. The tank on the X7 also easily lasts 500 miles on the highway. My old GX had terrible highway mileage but at least that was a V8.

Below is my average mpg (25.5mpg) on the X7 driving from Seattle to Leavenworth and back this weekend with some congestion in the city and in the mountains, with a couple of stops for food and hikes. And I drive on sport mode, not eco mode. My range after a full tank was about 560 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_6321-EDIT.jpg
    IMG_6321-EDIT.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The reports suggest the 2.8 diesel will give over 500 miles with an 80 litre tank - many issues with diesel in UK and set to get worse I fear with eco driven “penalty tax” and road pricing - heck they may try to squeeze its sale out of low emmission zones

I am taking the risk but it’s a concern - the next few years could be challenging in the UK for ICE ownership

It blows my mind that the LC250's hybrid turbo 4 cylinder has poorer gas mileage than my X7 with the 6 cylinder turbo base engine which gets 25-26mpg easily on the highway. The tank on the X7 also easily lasts 500 miles on the highway. My old GX had terrible highway mileage but at least that was a V8.

Below is my average mpg (25.5mpg) on the X7 driving from Seattle to Leavenworth and back this weekend with some congestion in the city and in the mountains, with a couple of stops for food and hikes. And I drive on sport mode, not eco mode. My range after a full tank was about 560 miles.
I’d wait a bit until more LC’s are delivered. It amazes me the large variation in MPG among drivers. Lifted trucks with oversized tires racing between stoplights and then upset about mileage. In the new hybrid powerboost F150 we have reports anywhere from 400 to 700 miles per tank depending on conditions and driver. Drive like you are leading the Indy 500 with 10 laps to go but only 9 laps of fuel at full throttle. Or carry more gas.

Probably not room with the battery.
The battery lives above the frame rails inside the cab. Should be no reason the larger 21 gallon GX fuel tank wouldn’t fit.

My guess is Toyota is trying to save payload anywhere they can. Gasoline weighs 6lbs per gallon, and a larger fuel tank also weighs more.

TFLTruck did a towing test with the new LC and with a few options it only had 950lbs of payload, which is pretty pathetic to be honest.

Back