I was hoping for 500 miles per tank!

The battery lives above the frame rails inside the cab. Should be no reason the larger 21 gallon GX fuel tank wouldn’t fit.

My guess is Toyota is trying to save payload anywhere they can. Gasoline weighs 6lbs per gallon, and a larger fuel tank also weighs more.

TFLTruck did a towing test with the new LC and with a few options it only had 950lbs of payload, which is pretty pathetic to be honest.
I agree, less weight saves fuel, individual vehicles that would be minuscule, but over the entire production run, would add up and make Toyota more compliant to EPA formulas concerning emissions. just my opinion......

FYI!

The battery lives above the frame rails inside the cab. Should be no reason the larger 21 gallon GX fuel tank wouldn’t fit.

My guess is Toyota is trying to save payload anywhere they can. Gasoline weighs 6lbs per gallon, and a larger fuel tank also weighs more.

TFLTruck did a towing test with the new LC and with a few options it only had 950lbs of payload, which is pretty pathetic to be honest.

I had a ‘08 FJ, then a 2010.
Premium has was no longer needed…
I’m sure something similar will happen…along with a bigger tank…🤦🏻‍♂️🙃

Back