๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
๐Ÿ† LC of the Month
Mar 16, 2024
Media
Olympia, WA
Vehicles
2024 LC250 FE
IMG_9978.jpeg
I drove 21 miles from Paradise WA to Ashford WA and got 76.6 MPG with this one weird trick. Gravity. Seriously though it was pretty amazing watching the numbers keep going up.
Paradise is over 6K feet up Mt Rainier.

Can you please repeat the test on the reverse anti-gravity path?
I wish I would have tracked that but I stopped a bunch on the way up. Iโ€™m guessing it wasnโ€™t very good.

Having climbed Rainier 4 times, curious what your mileage would be if you continued from Paradise up to Camp Muir @ 10,000โ€™ but I bet the Park Rangers wouldnโ€™t be amused if you gave it a go! ๐Ÿ™‚ Would definitely be a great commercial for Toyota.

Beautiful picture โ€ฆ makes me homesick!

Iโ€™ve gone from Seattle-ish up the top of Snoqualmie Pass (3000 ft) several times now. If I drive as slow as most of the tractor trailers I get 19 up and 24 down. Iโ€™m using unfriendly tires, but it generally sucks gas

Another cool trick i discovered in a parking garage today is that the rig will propel itself forward at zero engine rpm. I guess the hybrid was doing something. Ostensibly, if you just kept your foot off of the brake on flat grade, the truck would creep forward at 3-5 mph for forever ๐Ÿง

I donโ€™t know why anyone even bothers driving uphill or on flat ground. I do all my driving downhill and Iโ€™m getting great mileage!
IMG_8811.jpeg

Back